Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Advertisers - I would love to hear your keyword campaign strategies!

thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer
Labels (3)

This thread is for people who have run or tested interest/keyword campaigns.  I would love to know what has worked for you and also what has not.  Just curious how others set up and optimize your campaigns!  If you respond to any of the questions below, please share what industry you are advertising in.  🙂

- How many keywords do you start with? Or estimated audience size do you try to get to?

- Do you always start with Broad Match and optimize down to phrase or exact match or have you had success starting with Phrase match?  

- How long do you typically wait before making adjustments after adding new keywords to a campaign? 1 week, 2 weeks? 

- Have you had success with "search" only placement or do you always do both "search" and "browse"?

- Have you had success with a lower budget on a keyword only campaign?  What was the estimated audience size?

- Do you separate interest and keywords into their own ad groups in one campaign or split them into their own campaigns to control budget?

I know our Pinterest ad partners have their recommendations, but I would love to see if anyone has tried out anything "against the grain" and saw success.  

Thanks for your input!

1 Kudo
4 Replies
hostesstori
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

thehalcyonhive Interested to hear what others have seen success with too. Thanks for the thread! 

As for me:

-I always create one campaign then split ad ground into Keywords and then Interests. This is so they don't compete with each other. If you have them in one ad group, it's likely the interests will monopolize the spend and they keywords may never get a chance to spend.

For Interests - I choose what's most relevant (10-15). Audience size is typically 15M+
For Keywords - ~35 then after 2 weeks I archive any that did not spend, look for additional relevant KW to add. Audience size I like to keep above 500k minimum. 

-I enable expanded targeting.
-Also, I tend to only run Keyword/Interests targeting for Prospecting campaigns. Getting in front of new eyeballs and helping fill the top of the funnel.
-Also I never spend less than $25/day

1 Kudo
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Thanks @hostesstori for your input!  

Looks like we have very similar strategies!  

0 Kudos
fwfibras

Do you mind telling me which niche you work in?

What products or services do they sell?

0 Kudos
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@fwfibras most of my clients are web designers that sell website templates in their online shop.  (B2B mostly)

0 Kudos