This thread is for people who have run or tested interest/keyword campaigns. I would love to know what has worked for you and also what has not. Just curious how others set up and optimize your campaigns! If you respond to any of the questions below, please share what industry you are advertising in. 🙂
- How many keywords do you start with? Or estimated audience size do you try to get to?
- Do you always start with Broad Match and optimize down to phrase or exact match or have you had success starting with Phrase match?
- How long do you typically wait before making adjustments after adding new keywords to a campaign? 1 week, 2 weeks?
- Have you had success with "search" only placement or do you always do both "search" and "browse"?
- Have you had success with a lower budget on a keyword only campaign? What was the estimated audience size?
- Do you separate interest and keywords into their own ad groups in one campaign or split them into their own campaigns to control budget?
I know our Pinterest ad partners have their recommendations, but I would love to see if anyone has tried out anything "against the grain" and saw success.
Thanks for your input!
thehalcyonhive Interested to hear what others have seen success with too. Thanks for the thread!
As for me:
-I always create one campaign then split ad ground into Keywords and then Interests. This is so they don't compete with each other. If you have them in one ad group, it's likely the interests will monopolize the spend and they keywords may never get a chance to spend.
For Interests - I choose what's most relevant (10-15). Audience size is typically 15M+
For Keywords - ~35 then after 2 weeks I archive any that did not spend, look for additional relevant KW to add. Audience size I like to keep above 500k minimum.
-I enable expanded targeting.
-Also, I tend to only run Keyword/Interests targeting for Prospecting campaigns. Getting in front of new eyeballs and helping fill the top of the funnel.
-Also I never spend less than $25/day
Content Director & Pinterest Consultant