Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Verified Merchant Rejection issues - Need clarification

1004designs
Labels (3)

Hello,

We just joined and applied for VMP, but our website 1004designs.com was just rejected for VMP. Here are the 'issues' and 'recommendations' from Pinterest's review.

Reasons Recommendations
Merchant's domain does not meet brand information requirements
We recommend ensuring that your domain has an authentic 'About Us' section, functional social media links and up to date contact information
Merchant does not meet minimum website quality requirements
Review our merchant guidelines for more detailed information on how you can get your products on Pinterest

We just reviewed the guidelines, it's still not clear what the full list of problems were. This begs a few questions before trying to correct the issues and appeal, as we can only appeal 2 times.

Q1: We do see that no stock photos are allowed by Pinterest, which we think could be an issue here (although we don't use stock photos for products). Are no stock photos/assets (even buttons and icons for generic use) allowed anywhere on all pages?

Q2: What counts as 'up-to-date contact information'? Do email address and social media links suffice, or does Pinterest expect more contact information?

Q3: We do notice that the guidelines say out-of-date or out-of-stock items are not allowed, which may or may not be what the review is referring to. But this begs the question -- does Pinterest expect the website to not show ANY out-of-stock items, at all times? Things will sell on the store and will be naturally marked as sold-out until removed by us from listing, or some items will temporarily be out-of-stock until restocked. What exactly is Pinterest's expectation? Not even one item can be displayed as sold-out at all times?

Q4: Aside from things mentioned above -- Are there potentially other issues from our website 1004designs.com? I wish the reasoning was more descriptive than the vague wording 'minimum website quality'. It's hard to guess what Pinterest deems unacceptable from the information given so far.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PinterestFernanda

Hi @1004designs, welcome to the PBC! 

In order to keep shopping on Pinterest inspirational and actionable, we require merchants on Pinterest to meet our Merchant Guidelines. If you have any questions about the guidelines, please review them here, or in the initial email you may have received with more details. You can also review our Help Center article, which explains the eligibility requirements in more detail!

If your account violates the Merchant Guidelines, you will have 2 attempts to correct such violations. 

Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

0 Kudos
1004designs

Hello @PinterestFernanda 

Thanks for your reply. 

As suggested in our original post, we had already reviewed the original issues, emails, and guidelines from the help center, and we understand that there are 2 attempts to appeal.

Could you answer those questions raised in the post so we can more effectively address the issues? We have also just reached out to Pinterest's Contact center for more clarifications on these questions.

0 Kudos
PinterestFernanda

Hi @1004designs, thank you for sharing your experience.  

I would love to help you out and troubleshoot this issue, but as of now, our support team currently handles all direct VMP account issues. I recommend reaching out to our support team here to help get this solved. They’ll be able to analyze your account and troubleshoot this issue. In the meantime, we’ll be sure to share this feedback internally with our team. Your feedback helps us create a better experience for all merchants! 

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can help with and be sure to review our 
Help Center article for more information on the Verified Merchant Program.

0 Kudos