Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Verified Merchant Program rejection

OfficialZorket
Just visiting

Please help. The Verified Merchant program was disapproved unexpectedly. Problem "Merchant does not meet minimum website quality requirements". Please help me someone to understand what do I need to fix on my site: zorket.com

1 Kudo
36 Replies
thepartydarlingshop
Just visiting

Hi, bodymindmood! 

We were accepted into the Verified Merchant Program for over a year and then disapproved for "Merchant does not meet minimum website quality requirements." It's been very frustrating trying to understand what's not accepted. We've already used our appeals, which has led us to this helpful thread. Would you be able to offer any advice for our site? thepartydarling.com 

Before our last appeal, we updated our Refund and Shipping policy and placed them in the header and footer, removed our pop-up that does close (just to be on the safe side), changed our about page to "About Us," and added an app that hides out-of-stock inventory. 

We've reached out to Pinterest support several times but have been linked to the Merchant Requirements each time without a clear understanding of what issue we should fix. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Thank you,

Celia

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@thepartydarlingshop 

Hi Celia

Can you forward me a link to your website? I will gladly take a look at your site for you.

Please don't use your last appeal.

Lisa

1 Kudo
thepartydarlingshop
Just visiting

sorry, wrong reply                          

1 Kudo
thepartydarlingshop
Just visiting
1 Kudo
TuftingNation
Just visiting

Hi Celia,

I was wondering if you have been finally approved as a Verified Merchant? Did your latest changes make a difference according to Pinterest?

0 Kudos
TuftingNation
Just visiting

I would like to share our experience with the Verified Merchant Program.

We have linked the Pinterest app to our Shopify Shop. Sadly, we received a rejection from Pinterest telling us that our shop doesn’t meet the General Merchant Guidelines . They also recommend to make sure we have a dedicated about us page (which we have) and that our social media links work (they do). 

Based on these vague requirements, we have worked blindly to improve our website, trying to guess what is wrong according to Pinterest. For us, this was additional work that requires our valuable time as busy entrepreneurs, without even knowing if these changes would have any impact on Pinterest's decision. 

After many hours of work and several changes on our website, we have resubmitted our business to Pinterest with the list of all the changes we made to meet the requirements. Sadly, around 20 minutes later, we received the same rejection message from Pinterest with the exact same vague explanations. The rejection message came so quickly that we wondered if it was done automatically. 

We can not see what still does not meet their requirements after all these changes. We have read and re-read the Pinterest Guidelines several times and we check all the points. Maybe Pinterest is not interested with our kind of business. In that case, they should simply let us know instead of wasting our time trying to figure out what is wrong. 

If they could tell us clearly and precisely what doesn’t work, we would be happy to make these changes. We don’t understand why we have to guess infinitely. If, when we submit our website, there is a real person at the other end who says « Oh-oh, this « element » does not match our guidelines », why this person does not tell us clearly what this element is so that we can modify it, instead of playing guessing games? 

We are about to give it up. We still have one last appeal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Evie

TuftingNation.com

0 Kudos
PinterestIvania

@TuftingNation Hi Evie, thanks for bringing this to our attention and sharing your experience on the community.

Unfortunately, there's not much we can do here considering that the support team is the one that can analyze your account and help you more with this.

I strongly recommend taking a look at our Merchant Guidelines to make sure that your website is compliant.

Thank you for your feedback on this situation, let me know if we can support you with anything else on the meantime!

0 Kudos