Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Rejected by Pinterest Verified Merchant Program

One_Blushing_Bride
Just visiting
Labels (3)

Hello There,

My Pinterest business account was recently rejected by the Pinterest Verified Merchant Program. I see that others are having this issue, and I am hoping to solve this.

The  rejection reason is
"Account does not meet the brand reputation criteria for verification"

I currently meet all of the brand requirements except for possibly my business name? My business name is "One Blushing Bride", but this username was already taken by someone else. So my current username on Pinterest is "One_Blushing_Bride". Is this why I am being rejected? If so, what can I do to fix this as someone else is using this username already?

Thanks in advance for your help. I am totally lost.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PinterestIvania

@One_Blushing_Bride Hi there!

In order to keep shopping on Pinterest inspirational and actionable, we require merchants on Pinterest to meet our Merchant Guidelines. If you have any questions about the guidelines, please review them here, or in the initial email you may have received with more details. You can also review our Help Center article, which explains the eligibility requirements in more detail!

If your account violates the Merchant Guidelines, you will have 2 attempts to correct such violations. 

Thank you. Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions!

1 Kudo
One_Blushing_Bride
Just visiting

Thank you for taking the time to post these resources. I no longer have any appeal requests remaining, but I believe this decision was made in error.

The  rejection reason is "Merchant does not meet minimum website quality requirements"

I currently meet all of the brand requirements. My website is oneblushingbride.com

I reviewed the following Pinterest policies carefully:

• Merchants must not be resale or consignment marketplaces.
  • Merchants must not be affiliate marketers.
  • Merchants must not be wholesale retailers.
  • The merchant must have an easy to find and clear shipping policy that displays expected shipping time.
  • The merchant must have an easy to find and clear return policy that displays whether the merchant accepts returns, the process and time expectations for returns, and contact information.
  • The merchant must have a dedicated “about us” page detailing their business offering or relevant social media links.
  • Merchants must have a high-quality website and product pages. We don’t allow websites that:

Have poor editorial content, including:
Improper grammar, excessive or glaring spelling or typos
Fuzzy or grainy images
Broken links or incomplete pages
Have unoriginal content, including:
Unoriginal content within the “about us” section or product descriptions
Stock images
Have domain age less than 9 months
Force users to visit another page that is not original to the brand
Force users to register to view the products
Are unsafe or deceptive
Have multiple ads or pop-ups
Have pop-ups you cannot close
Have out of date content or out-of-stock products

My website does not violate any of these. I have original content, clear images, a clear return policy, and am not an affiliate or reseller.

What would you recommend?
0 Kudos
PinterestIvania

Hi @One_Blushing_Bride!

If you believe your catalog does meet the requirements, I would recommend filing a ticket with our support team at this link. They’ll be able to assist you with this! 

I hope you are able to solve it, let me know if there’s something else I can help you with! 

0 Kudos
One_Blushing_Bride
Just visiting

I appreciate that! I have opened a ticket, but they are not giving me any more info. I keep getting the same template response from them with no additional ways to move forward. 😭😭

0 Kudos
PinterestIvania

Hi @One_Blushing_Bride! Thanks for bringing this to our attention and sharing your experience on the community.

Unfortunately, there's not much we can do here considering that the support team is the one that can analyze your account and help you more with this.

I strongly recommend taking a look at our Merchant Guidelines to make sure that your website is compliant.

Thank you for your feedback on this situation, let me know if we can support you with anything else in the meantime.

0 Kudos