Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Policy Violation email

hdmakes
Just visiting
Labels (3)

I've had two emails today from the Pinterest Business team saying there are issues with my account. 

The first email said I had 4 policy violations including:

Merchant's delivery policy is unclear or unavailable

Merchant's domain is incomplete

Merchant's products are always on sale 

Merchant does not meet website quality requirements. 

The email said I had to make sure my delivery policy was available. I appealed with my delivery policy URL. 

Next I had an email saying: merchant does not meet website quality requirements. I cannot see how I am not meeting merchant website quality requirements and I only have one appeal left. No-one will tell me or help me. 

I'm so frustrated trying to keep my small business afloat in the cost of living crisis in the UK and it feels like noone is willing to help

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PinterestIvania

Hi @hdmakes!

In order to keep shopping on Pinterest inspirational and actionable, we require merchants on Pinterest to meet our Merchant Guidelines. If you have any questions about the guidelines, please review them here, or in the initial email you may have received with more details. You can also review our Help Center article, which explains the eligibility requirements in more detail!

If your account violates the Merchant Guidelines, you will have 2 attempts to correct such violations. 

Thank you. Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions!

0 Kudos
hdmakes
Just visiting

I have reviewed the Merchant Guidelines and cannot see any violation. 

I make my own products I am not a reseller. 

I have a clear delivery policy. 

I have a returns policy. 

I have an About Us page with information about me and my brand. 

All my photos are the highest quality my website provider will allow without slowing the website. 

I write all the content. 

My domain is 10 months old. 

I have no ads or pop ups and do not force users to register or visit another site. 

I have one product variant that has been out of stock for one week while I await a delivery. 

I've explained in an appeal and contacted Pinterest support. I keep getting the same generic message back saying website does not meet requirements. I understand there are requirements but I do not understand how noone can tell me what the specific issue is. 

0 Kudos
PinterestIvania

Hi @hdmakes, I completely understand your frustration.

I can see that you've opened up a ticket with our support team regarding this issue. Please work with that team on this as they have the ability to diagnose any issues with Pinterest accounts. If you receive an automated message, reply to it to make sure that you're getting connected to an agent.

I wish there was more I could do here, but the teams who work on your ticket are closer to the work being done to resolve your concern.

Thank you for your feedback on this situation, let me know if we can support you with anything else on the meantime.

0 Kudos
hdmakes
Just visiting

I contacted them again as you suggested. I outlined what I had said above with the links  to each of my pages and got this response:

I understand this is in no way your fault. I find it utterly baffling that noone is able to tell me what is wrong or will help me resolve the issue. I've gone through all the appropriate channels and consistently get this. Perhaps the policy needs changing, there is nowhere else in business where you are told there is an issue that needs fixing but noone will tell you what the issue is. 

Kind regards 

Heidi 

IMG_9657 copy.png

0 Kudos
krempflorist

Same thing happened to us. We got the message from pinbot saying "

Notice of Pinterest policies and guidelines violation"

but when I asked them what the issue was, they responded saying:

I can confirm that emails from pinbot@reply.pinterest.com are legitimate. However, I reviewed your account and I haven't found any violation or issue with your site. 

After telling sending a copy of the message I received, they responded saying:

Your business was not approved to be a merchant on Pinterest. Please, check out our Merchant Guidelines to learn more about our criteria.

To keep shopping inspirational and actionable, we set high standards for our Merchants. Your website was not approved for the following reasons:

**- Merchant does not meet minimum website quality requirements**

The issue is not related to the content on the website but with the website itself. We can't disclose any more information about our tools or the problem in question. However, we encourage you to check back in on this issue in 30 days so we can check if the tools readings have changed.

If you’d like to appeal this decision, review our guidelines for more detailed information on how you can get your products on Pinterest. Please, try again after updating your information.

Well how am I supposed to update any information if you can't tell me what the issue is? You want me to wait 30 days but that puts us beyond the November 22 cut-off that you put in place for us to correct the violation. WHAT IS THE VIOLATION?

This is extremely bizarre and not a great way to conduct business. What is the problem?!?!

0 Kudos