Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Pinterest Catalog Disapproved And No Appeal Left

galioolighting
Just visiting
Labels (3)

I'm getting these two errors 

• Merchant's products are always on sale
  • Merchant does not meet minimum website quality requirements

I don't have any appeal left. Can I still become a verified merchant? After solving the issue.

My Pinterest account is restricted to add a new data source file. What's the solution to it?

Give me the solution.

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@TeacupsPawCouture 

Hi, Welcome to the PBC!

I had a quick look at your website and I believe the issue could lie with the Donation Link on your site - under Pinterest Advertising Guidelines there is a section that talks about Clickbait. I am not suggesting that is what is happening but it could be perceived as Clickbait I have pasted below Pinterest Guidelines regarding Clickbait.

• Clickbait

We want ads to be beautiful and useful. We don’t want them to pressure or trick users with baiting content. We don’t allow sensational clickbait tactics that exploit user curiosity by:

• Playing on people’s fear ⬅️
    • Critiquing deficiencies
    • Using alarmist or gawk-worthy language or images ⬅️
    • Purposefully withholding information

I realize that this is not exactly an Ad but it would definitely play on people's fears regarding Animals.

I cannot guarantee that this is the issue but you may want to review it.

I hope this helps.

Lisa

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
13 Replies
galioolighting
Just visiting

@michaelbliss @bodymindmood @JanaOMedia  @andrealidesigns   I'm inviting you to help me out... Please help me, experts... I'm stuck... I want to run a conversion ad campaign with my catalog.

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@galioolighting 

Glad you made it to the PBC!

I read your post and I will answer first and hopefully be able to provide you with some helpful information.

I visited your website and I looked at some things that I believe could be causing issues.

Merchants products are always on sale overtime I have seen Pinterest reject businesses because of too many items being on sale and for too long. You may want to consider not having items on sale during the verification process.

Below I have pasted part of the General Merchant Guidelines and if you notice it talks about setting clear expectations this includes price. I would guess that if Pinterest is seeing a lot of stuff on sale then perhaps they were not clear on your pricing a lot of sale pricing sends a mixed message to people who are purchasing from your site via Pinterest and I can tell you Pinterest does not want to take any responsibility when it comes to incorrect information or misleading information.

I looked at your delivery and return policies and I would advise you to keep everything on one page. Your Shipping Policy should be located where people can find it and if possible as part of your Product Description. Your Customer Service | Contact Information should be listed on all policy pages, and you should insure that the information is the same email address, telephone number, business address + who customers would need to contact.

"While Pinterest is not involved in facilitating the purchase, sale or delivery of goods, we want people to have good experiences shopping for products they find on Pinterest. We want merchants to offer the best customer service possible, and that includes setting clear expectations about product quality, price, delivery times and return processes. And, of course, we want merchants to meet those expectations."

Merchant not meeting minimum website quality requirements below I have pasted another portion of the General Merchant Guidelines below, if you notice in the first point it talks about poor editorial content et al. I read your About Us Page in addition to other website content and editorial and there were a number of errors in spelling and grammar. I also found that the email address listed is not spelt correctly on other pages. You will definitely want to correct some of these issues before trying to get verified again as if they aren't fixed Pinterest will still reject your application.

Merchants must have a high-quality website and product pages. We don’t allow websites that:

• Have poor editorial content, including:
    • Improper grammar, excessive or glaring spelling or typos
    • Fuzzy or grainy images
    • Broken links or incomplete pages

You might want to consider hiring someone to proofread your website prior to resubmitting. I know that the process is frustrating but what I can tell you is that Pinterest does not want to be responsible for any issues arising from a purchase made on your website via Pinterest - I truthfully believe that the attitude of Pinterest during the verification process is this - if its not clear to us then it won't be clear to others.

I hope that helps, I would definitely suggest you re-read the Merchant Guidelines before applying again.

Lisa

1 Kudo
TeacupsPawCouture
Just visiting

us too but we had been approved and all was well for 2 years!  We dont know what to fix and can't get help from Pinterest either.

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@TeacupsPawCouture 

Hi, Welcome to the PBC!

I had a quick look at your website and I believe the issue could lie with the Donation Link on your site - under Pinterest Advertising Guidelines there is a section that talks about Clickbait. I am not suggesting that is what is happening but it could be perceived as Clickbait I have pasted below Pinterest Guidelines regarding Clickbait.

• Clickbait

We want ads to be beautiful and useful. We don’t want them to pressure or trick users with baiting content. We don’t allow sensational clickbait tactics that exploit user curiosity by:

• Playing on people’s fear ⬅️
    • Critiquing deficiencies
    • Using alarmist or gawk-worthy language or images ⬅️
    • Purposefully withholding information

I realize that this is not exactly an Ad but it would definitely play on people's fears regarding Animals.

I cannot guarantee that this is the issue but you may want to review it.

I hope this helps.

Lisa

1 Kudo
TeacupsPawCouture
Just visiting

Lisa, THANK YOU!  We never even thought of that since it was a posting to help animals affected by the hurricanes.  Those donations were all to go to the rescue organization but I can totally see why you may see that as clickbait.  We have removed it entirely.  Thank you so much!

I dont understand why we have no appeals left since the first time we got a notice from Pinterest it was stating that guns were shown in a photo of a small doggie collar.  Clearly there were no guns in those photos but we did use 2 appeals to resolve that issue even though it was Pinterest that was way off on that.  We had not dont anything wrong.  How you get a gun out of a doggie collar image is beyond us!  LOL🤣  This however has left us now with no appeals even though that was Pinterest  that was wrong in those 2 apppeals.

I say this only to show you how we have no appeals left and ask you what can we do now to try to be reactivated?  Our boutique was approved and all good for 2 years and then this problem came about.  Can you advise us on how we can resubmit for  our boutique to be reactivated?

Thank you so much for all your help!😍 xoxo

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@TeacupsPawCouture 

Hi

For the appeals I would wait 24 hrs and check your status via Pinterest Page - the previous issue I believe would be considered separate and so you should be able to appeal it after the 24 hrs - you usually have 30 days to fix the issue. Pinterest updates daily so give it some time before you appeal.

I hope that helps.

Lisa

0 Kudos
TeacupsPawCouture
Just visiting

Ah,  ok, thank you thank you!!😘🙏

1 Kudo
TeacupsPawCouture
Just visiting

So they now sent me this...

1. - Merchant's domain age does not meet minimum requirements. 

Please try again when your domain has been in use for at least 9 months and your user account is at least three months old.

However our domain is over 2 years old and we have had our Pinterest acct for over 2 years.  what they are saying isn't even correct.  I am tempted to just remove our Pinterest account completely over all of this.  This is so frustrating.

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@TeacupsPawCouture 

Hi

Sorry to hear that you received that from Pinterest.

So what I can tell you is there have been updates to Merchant Requirements and those updates include the age of the Merchants Domain + Pinterest Account.

I would submit an appeal explaining that you do in fact meet the requirements for the Verified Merchant Program - it is possible that an error has happened.

Unfortunately, here in the PBC we cannot fix anything, that is something that would have to go through the VMP Team.

Please let me know what happens.

Lisa

@PinterestJazmin 

0 Kudos