Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Pinterest Ads - Fix your conversion source to remain a verified merchant

gpuconnect
Labels (3)

Just received the following email and not entirely sure what it means

Thank you for joining Pinterest's Verified Merchant Programme. We've noticed that there are some issues with your conversion source. To remain a verified merchant, you'll need to resolve this within 30 days of June 02, 2023.

My store is shopify and I have installed the app and am tracking events at least.  I am not to sure about conversions...  

There is an option in the business postal to 'Conversion upload', is this a requirement to remain verified?

Any help appreciated. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PinterestIvania

Hello @gpuconnect, and welcome to the PBC!

It seems like your conversion source needs to be updated in order to meet our requirements. Please visit here for more details and ensure that your conversion source sends the following in the last 30 days:

1. At least one page visit event
2. At least one add to cart event
3. At least one checkout event
4. Checkout events have currency

A full list of criteria merchants must meet to be eligible for the VMP program can be found in this Help Center article.

Let me know if there’s something else I can help you with!

0 Kudos
gpuconnect

Thank you.  So I am reporting page visits and engagement as this is done via the shopify integration app.  So I know the tag is working.

Based on what you have said above, unless a Pinterest user actually checks out a purchase I would not qualify for the programme?

I suspect as I am new to Pinterest there may not be checkouts, however I have no way of knowing if that's an issue with the tag, or if its just nobody has made purchase.

I presume if using the shopify app there is no further setup required to be able to track conversions?

0 Kudos
PinterestIvania

Hi @gpuconnect!

In order to continue a Verified Merchant, this 4 things should happen in the last 30 days as mentioned in this article.

You can check if your Pinterest Tag is tracking all of the activity on your website, by going to Ads > Conversions > Events history.

I checked your website, and I was not able to find any events firing. Since you are using the Shopify integration, this is unusual. I would recommend reinstalling your Pinterest+Shopify app

I hope you were able to solve it. Let us know if you have any questions!

0 Kudos
gpuconnect

I have uninstalled and reinstalled would you mind doing me a favour @PinterestIvania and check if this has made a difference?  Thanks so much

0 Kudos
PinterestIvania

Hi @gpuconnect!

I have checked your website and could see that the Pinterest Tag is now implemented.

Bear in mind that it can take up to seven days after an event is fired for the Pinterest Tag to be considered healthy, so you'll just need to wait for it to be updated.

I would recommend checking Ads > Conversions and making sure that Pinterest is receiving the Tag fire information. 

Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions! 

0 Kudos