Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Merchant catalog rejection

CoconutLandsWorld
Just visiting

Hi all

I recently installed the WooCommerce Pinterest extension and was excited at the prospect of adding my catalog to Pinterest, where I've been pinning for a long time. But I've been rejected twice for this reason: "Merchant's product descriptions and categories do not meet requirements."

I've scoured the guidelines, watched webinars, checked all my product descriptions, refined my Google categories, improved my product titles, checked my website navigation (which includes a dropdown menu of my categories) - and still I get the same rejection. The advice is "We recommend ensuring that product descriptions are authentic and match the product for sale, and that product categories are available on the website." Well, my descriptions are authentically written by myself and definitely match the products for sale! As for product categories being 'available on the website' - what does this mean? I'm not sure what more I can do other than provide a navigation menu. Has anyone else experienced this and overcome it? What did you do? I only have one appeal left! Thank you.

3 Kudos
23 Replies

OMG - This is insane - my website is also being refused - it's a skincare brand - I'm on TV and they must be on edibles in Pinterest - wt is going on - can anyone help? www.dermafacemd.com - we even put shipping and returns on the top menu - this is BS - anyone know anyone who can help - Pinterest this is not cool. I've appealed once already - thank you - will send product to anyone who can fix this 

1 Kudo

All this tech companies being run by 22 year olds - Tik Tok did a live recently and the kid could barely talk never mind have the gravitas or charisma to host a worldwide conference - spare me! Please help - super grateful in advance as I am finding this all to be more than ridiculous.

1 Kudo
doorbrim

Hello, I have the same exact problem.  Please let me know if you ever find the solution or at least post it. I am also on my last appeal which, in itself, is ridiculous. I find it unbelievable that Pinterest is not more helpful bringing new vendors to their platform.  I am also having a similar problem with Google Merchant and Spotify. The issue is as follows:

Unfortunately, we can't approve your data source for Pin and product group creation for the reason(s) below:
List of catalogs
Reason
Recommendation
Merchant's product descriptions and categories do not meet requirements
We recommend ensuring that product descriptions are authentic, match the product for sale and that product categories are available on the website
Your updates
You may only submit an appeal twice. This is your final appeal request.
1 Kudo
tinaburris777
Just visiting

ditto  Now happening to me now.  Getting the error regarding descriptions not being authentic like many others before me.  I'll be happy if this gets resolved, but from what I'm seeing, not so hopeful, with only one appeal left.  I'm a little disheartened at the lack of customer support and only getting 3 chances to correct these issues with such little information to go on.  Such a weird time to live in.  Truly, it did not used to be like this pre-Internet.  Customer service actually was alive and well.

0 Kudos