Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

How to get a response from Pinterest Support

bigkizzyhair
Just visiting

We are new to the Pinterest Verified Merchant program and I have been reached out to Pinterest Support three or four times to speak to someone about an issue with the approval. I have received automated responses every time but no follow up and there is no place where I can see open/closed support tickets to follow up on one already submitted. The first support ticket was on 7/13. Any advice on how to get help from the support?

2 Kudos
2 Replies
shopfocaldecor
Posts regularly

@bigkizzyhair 

It's quite unfortunate, but what you are experiencing is the norm at Pinterest. Don't expect Pinterest's Verified Merchant team to be much help; they either do not respond or will tell you that they are unable to provide you with any specifics on the issue your account is facing. We have uncovered a plethora of evidence that suggests someone or some group on the Pinterest Verified Merchant team is actively undermining legitimate businesses. An extensive number of illegitimate businesses (most of which we have yet to notify Pinterest of) are being approved as Verified Merchants even though their websites are littered with Pinterest Verified Merchant violations and have associations with illegal copyright infringing businesses. You can find more details in the post linked here: Copyright Issues and URGENT Verified Merchant Account Issue

We'd love to know more about what Pinterest support is citing as the issues with your account. Please feel free to reach out to us at shopfocaldecor@gmail.com or share more information here about your experience with Pinterest! Screenshots of Pinterest support's responses to your inquiry will be incredibly insightful.

Just to give you a clear example of how absurd Pinterest is, Galioo Decor (now @fashioidol on Pinterest) scraped our website and stole a vast amount of copyrighted content. Pinterest allowed this criminal outfit to run ads on OUR content with Verified Merchant Status. Pinterest still allows this criminal outfit to run ads, and has granted their second account with Verified Merchant status, even though their website has been shut down by Shopify for illegally stealing out product content:

shopfocaldecor_0-1658804442108.png

shopfocaldecor_1-1658804467013.png

1 Kudo
bigkizzyhair
Just visiting

Thank you so much for your response. Like I said, we are pretty new to this platform but we are longtime sellers on another large platform that is known for its not great treatment of sellers and I am a little bummed to find a similar situation over here. 

For the issue with our website, we are not being approved because of an issue with our return policy. Now, it is easy to find on our website so the issue must be with the policy itself but I just wanted to get an actual person to tell me WHAT was wrong with it or to review it and see that there isn't anything wrong with it. After this post I received a request for a meeting with someone from Pinterest but there was no reference to my post.

0 Kudos