Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Error: Conversion source needs attention

Shopboxdeals
Labels (3)

Hi, I Keep getting this message-

Action needed
Conversion source needs attention
To remain a verified merchant, you must fix the issues within 30 days from May 10, 2023.

Don't know how to fix. Need help.

Thanks

3 Kudos
54 Replies
myfamiliesde

Same Problem here, conversation tag settings not changed but its showing i need to fix my conversation source to not get suspended from vmp within 30 days. The conversation events are working as intended and all needed events for vmp are fired. But on Conversation Integrity Check it says no to all events.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
cieraharristeaching

We have this issue as well but everything is firing correctly.

0 Kudos
PinterestSusana

Hi everyone. 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I'm sorry for the situation. We are aware of this issue and we are currently looking into it.  I will let you know once it's solved. 
Give us a shout if you need anything else in the meantime!

0 Kudos
poppiwinkle
Just visiting

Hi, so it has been 8 days since I reinstalled the Pinterest app and I still have the error message that I have until June 9 to fix it.

Do you have any more ideas? My tag is healthy but it does say "Too few of the Product IDs included in your Checkout events match the Product IDs in your Catalog."  Could that be the problem? And if so, how do I fix it? I am only selling what is in my catalogue.  

Also, although it detected a sale right after I reinstalled, subsequent sales are not showing. Can you think of anything I can do?  I have 4 days.

Thanks,

Jodie

0 Kudos
SkinBalmApothecary
Just visiting

Hi, there! I also received this message, however, it seems I am meeting all of the listed requirements. My tags look good and I have more than enough events in each criteria. Can you please help me figure out why I have received this conversion source error message about my account?

0 Kudos
darius_fashions

This seems very silly to be a "requirement".  Please help us understand the reasoning.  If you simply want to insure that the Cart/Checkout works then isnt there a way to have Pinterest test it on their own to insure it works.  Or at the least provide very clear information upfront as to how to fix this "issue".  Instead when we click on "view issue" there is ZERO information about hot to fix it.  This is time wasting to have to hunt for the info for something that seems quite trivial. 

2 Kudos
sprooshome
Just visiting

Hey All,  I've experienced the same issue.  Seems like Pinterest got their wires crossed on the back end and the Shopify app tag is not communicating correctly.  I have a quick fix, although I don't know if it has any impact on the quality of reporting from the tag.  First I uninstalled the Pinterest Shopify app.  Next, I installed the tags manually on my site. Once installed manually, I saw the events firing properly on my site, and my conversion health requirements were met.  This left my catalog disconnected though so I reinstalled the shopify app, with the manual tags installed.  I have an error in the shopify app saying I should uninstall the manual tags, but no more errors in Pinterest.  I am not using this account currently for advertising, so my main concern was just keeping verified status.  

1 Kudo
promakeupworld
Just visiting

you are right. They simply state minimum website quality requirements. They are not specifying what violations we are doing so we will remove them. A humble request to Pinterest, please provide clear information so we can resolve the issues.

0 Kudos
promakeupworld
Just visiting

You got it. I tried the same thing and it works. I have 4 Pinterest accounts integrated with Shopify and I have this problem on all accounts. All events are firing, I confirmed with the Pinterest Tag Helper extension. But in Pinterest it is not getting add to cart and page visits. Is this a problem on the Pinterest side or the Shopify side?

0 Kudos
sprooshome
Just visiting

@promakeupworld I added the event codes for add to cart and page view to the bottom of my tag in my theme file. List of events codes were here, scroll down to "Event code examples to copy and paste."  I then saw these fire with the tag helper extension.  You also have to put a specific code on your checkout/thank you page for conversions.

0 Kudos