Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Error: Conversion source needs attention

Shopboxdeals
Labels (3)

Hi, I Keep getting this message-

Action needed
Conversion source needs attention
To remain a verified merchant, you must fix the issues within 30 days from May 10, 2023.

Don't know how to fix. Need help.

Thanks

3 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestIvania

Hi @Shopboxdeals and welcome to the PBC!

It seems like your conversion source needs to be updated in order to meet our requirements. Please visit here for more details and ensure that your conversion source sends the following in the last 30 days:

1. At least one page visit event
2. At least one add to cart event
3. At least one checkout event
4. Checkout events have currency

A full list of criteria merchants must meet to be eligible for the VMP program can be found in this Help Center article

Let me know if there’s something else I can help you with! 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
54 Replies
PinterestIvania

Hi @Shopboxdeals and welcome to the PBC!

It seems like your conversion source needs to be updated in order to meet our requirements. Please visit here for more details and ensure that your conversion source sends the following in the last 30 days:

1. At least one page visit event
2. At least one add to cart event
3. At least one checkout event
4. Checkout events have currency

A full list of criteria merchants must meet to be eligible for the VMP program can be found in this Help Center article

Let me know if there’s something else I can help you with! 

0 Kudos
tapestrystitcher

Hi Ivania,

I have that error too and am unclear as to how to proceed with this issue.

Am I right in thinking that a customer has to go through my checkout? (Point 3 and 4)

This all seems very complicated!

Many thanks, Jo

3 Kudos
PinterestIvania

@tapestrystitcher Hi Jo, welcome to the Community!

Yes, you are correct. As mentioned, you'll need to have at least one checkout event.

Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions!

1 Kudo
poppiwinkle
Just visiting

I have this same problem with the exact same date. Seems weird. And I don't understand the solution they are giving at all.

It's not an issue of not having sales, because I have had recent sales.

It seems like they are trying to get me to do Pinterest ads, so I set one up for $1 per day. Hoping that gives them what they want.

2 Kudos
poppiwinkle
Just visiting

I'm sorry, this doesn't help me. I've had sales in the last 30 days. So if things are working, those 4 things should have happened. Is there any more information you can give me?

0 Kudos
PinterestIvania

Hi @poppiwinkle!

In order to continue a Verified Merchant, this 4 things should happen in the last 30 days as mentioned in this article.

You can check if your Pinterest Tag is tracking all of the activity on your website, by going to Ads > Conversions > Events history.

I checked your website, and it seems like you are using Shopify. If one of these events hasn't been tracked, I would recommend reinstalling your Pinterest + Shopify app.

Give us a shout if you have any other questions!

1 Kudo
poppiwinkle
Just visiting

OK thanks so much - I will try that!

0 Kudos

Hi - same error message, and wanting to be extra clear on the requirement - do we need someone to check out after arriving through Pinterest?  Or any sale on our website will do?

1 Kudo
PinterestIvania

Hi @tenthousanddandelions, welcome to the PBC!

Thanks for reaching out about this.

The checkout event can be done either of the ways you mentioned, as long as the person completes the checkout.

I hope this clarifies, let us know if we can help you with anything else!

1 Kudo