Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Connect Shopify Catalog without Verified Merchant

MamaHenMedia
Just visiting
Labels (3)

I have a client that is trying to connect her catalog via the Pinterest app on her Shopify site.  I am not able to do so, since the account is too new to qualify for the Verified Merchant Program. 

In the past, I have been able to connect catalogs without joining the Verified Merchant program.  Is that no longer an option?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PinterestIvania

Hi @MamaHenMedia, thanks for reaching out about this.

To confirm to you, it is possible to connect the catalog without being part of the Verified Merchant Program.

If you want to learn more about this, you can check out our Help Center article.

Let me know if there’s something else I can help you with! 

0 Kudos
MamaHenMedia
Just visiting

Thanks @PinterestIvania.  When I reached out to support for help with connecting the catalog, they replied that the account is not eligible for the Verified Merchant Program. At this point, I am simply trying to connect the catalog- not become a Verified Merchant.

We have installed the Pinterest app on our Shopify site, and the Pinterest Tag is installed and healthy. 

I am at a loss for what steps to take next. 

1 Kudo
PinterestIvania

Hi @MamaHenMedia!

To connect the catalog, you still need to be compliant with our Merchant Guidelines and solve any issues on your catalog. Since the VMP involves more than just the catalog, you may have your catalog connected without being a Verified Merchant.

You can review our Merchant Guidelines here

Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions!

0 Kudos
DiscoDollys

@MamaHenMedia were to able to figure out how to connect a Shopify catalog without being a Verified Merchant?  Also trying to do this! 

1 Kudo
MamaHenMedia
Just visiting

@DiscoDollys yes I did! Here is the response from Pinterest Support that I followed. It's also worth noting that even though I followed all of these steps multiple times, I reached out to support again, and the catalog was accidentally disabled.  They had to manually enable it on their end.  Best of luck!

I understand that you are unable to connect Shopify with your Pinterest account.

I would request you to please refer to this article for detailed information on how to link your Pinterest account with Shopify. Once connected, the products from your Shopify store will be published as product pins on your Pinterest account.
If you continue to face any issues with linking your Pinterest account with your Shopify, I would suggest you to also try these troubleshooting steps.

• Clear your browser's cache and cookies.
  • Make sure your browser is up-to-date. You can check here: http://www.whatismybrowser.com/.
  • Please ensure to use only Chrome.
  • Disable any browser extensions one by one (extensions sometimes conflict with Pinterest).
  • Temporarily turn off any ad blocker software you're running.
  • Try Incognito mode.
  • Try from another computer.

I hope this helps. If the above steps do not work, I would request you to write back with a screen recording of the issue you are facing so that I can help you accordingly."

1 Kudo