Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Pinterest API and GA4 Traffic

thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

I set up the Pinterest API via GTM Server-side back last November.  I was just looking back at the traffic acquisition report in GA4 and noticed that the day I set up the API on November 9-10, my "Organic Social" and "Direct" in the Default Channel Groups (aka Pinterest traffic) tanked and was replaced with "Unassigned".  This lasted until March 5-6 when "Organic Social" returned, but "Direct" did not. 

Wondering if anyone has experienced this after setting up the API?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PinterestSusana

Hi @thehalcyonhive, thank you for your question! I've reached out to our team internally to get a bit more information on this. I'll get back to you as soon as I hear back. Thank you for your patience!

1 Kudo
blackrain1961
Just visiting
  • Thank you, looking forward to hearing from you soon
0 Kudos
PinterestSusana

Hi @thehalcyonhive ! Sorry for the delay. Just to confirm, when you say "Pinterest API", are you perhaps referring to the Pinterest Tag?

Looking forward to your reply!

0 Kudos
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @PinterestSusana! I already had the Pinterest tag installed with Google tag manager.  It was when I attempted to set up the Pinterest API for conversions via GTM, that the "unassigned" Pinterest traffic showed up in my GA4 reporting.

0 Kudos
PinterestSusana

Hi @thehalcyonhive! Thank you for clarifying and apologies for the delay. I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue.

In order to help further, could you please file a ticket via the Help Center? When creating the ticket, please also include any other relevant resources (screenshots or videos) onto the ticket as well, that way our team will be able to investigate this further. Thank you!

0 Kudos