Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Which Do You Prefer? Music, Voice Over or No Sound for Idea Pins

BestFunGifts
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hey PBC,

When creating Idea Pins, do you typically add music from the library, use voice over, or have no sound?

Perhaps your pins have original sound so you don't add any additional sound?

I've been experimenting. Sometimes my pins without sound does better in terms of Saves. Other times, my pins with voice over does best.

But the difference in analytics may not have anything to do with having sound, rather than the content itself.

Which do you prefer: music, voice over or no sound? 

All the best 🎼

@BestFunGifts 

What’s Your Most Saved Pin? [ Share Success Tips! ] 

1 Kudo
25 Replies
AccentYourself
Loves to help

I almost always add music from Pinterest.  I hate my own voice, so that's a big no!  Lol. I only use the sound from the video, if it's relevant. Sped-up video of jewelry making sounds (think hammer, saw, etc.) can be fun.  

2 Kudos
BestFunGifts
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@AccentYourself 

Love it! I’m not the only one that hates the sound of my voice 🤣

Most times my videos are silent and that has performed just as well as voice over and Pinterest music👍

1 Kudo
JanaOMedia
Marvel

If it's a "teaching video," I'll leave the native sound / my voice. But more often, I'm doing a video where most of the value is in the text overlay and the notes - in which case I like adding music in the app.

I honestly sort of obsess over finding music that strikes the right note (pun intended) in terms of the tone. I probably overthink it! 

For example I just did an Idea pin about tips for becoming consistent with your pinning. I found "one week" by Bare word removed per Community Guidelines Ladies (<<< I'll bet the forum here will not show the middle word there!). And because it's about time measurements (one week, 2 days, etc)... I was like, BINGO! lol 

2 Kudos
JanaOMedia
Marvel

Lol I was right! The PBC removed the name of the band in my comment above. But you know... the band that sang "One Week..." and the theme to The Big Bang Theory. :))) 

2 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@BestFunGifts 

Hi I read your post....okay I actually like all and I don't have a particular favorite I really try to do what makes sense with the Idea Pin or regular Video Pin (I find those work better for me).

Lisa

2 Kudos
BestFunGifts
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Haha love the pun @JanaOMedia ! I hope more users are listening with the volume on to appreciate all the effort you put into your videos😁

2 Kudos
BestFunGifts
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

I'm with ya @bodymindmood ! It just depends on what makes sense😁 I think most Pinterest users aren't watching with the volume on though.

2 Kudos
BestFunGifts
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hahaha, I knew the band name just from the first word "Bare" 🤣 I LOVED that song back in the day. So catchy...and now stuck in my head! @JanaOMedia 

2 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@JanaOMedia @BestFunGifts 

I know who you two are talking about the first time I saw them in concert was at Western University in Ontario at a Pub no less, now it's stuck in my head well Big Bang Theory thanks!

Lisa

2 Kudos