Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

What's More Important on Pinterest Followers or Viewers? Thoughts?

therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

Hi there.....

So, I have read a lot of things online 😲 about whether it's more important to have followers or viewers some say viewers are the most important 'thing' to get on Pinterest while others say it's all about followers. I from the school of quality over quantity = small amount of followers to engage with vs. a large number of followers with no engagement and to be honest I apply that to every bit of social media I come into contact with even Facebook😶@AmericanoCrystals 

What do you think?

Lisa

3 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tailwind
Loves to help

Followers and viewers don't mean anything unless you have traffic, though. If you're only saving your own content, viewers can be an indication of your distribution success, but if you are sharing other people's content, it includes views of that as well. ~ Alisa

View solution in original post

3 Kudos
16 Replies
brianbaccusbrands
Just visiting

I beg to differ, I believe that monthly viewers are better than monthly followers because you can actually post a pin and get an increase in monthly viewers because of certain pin types than you would get from people who are following you

Not only that but you can also build custom audiences from your monthly viewers quicker than your monthly followers as your followers may stay the same your viewers can increase from 1000 a month to 10,000 to 2.8 million like mine has done.

4 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@brianbaccusbrands I like that explanation thank you - I do a lot of reading and there are many varying thoughts on this topic - thank for sharing😁

1 Kudo
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

That is so true! Thank you!

1 Kudo
tailwind
Loves to help

Followers and viewers don't mean anything unless you have traffic, though. If you're only saving your own content, viewers can be an indication of your distribution success, but if you are sharing other people's content, it includes views of that as well. ~ Alisa

3 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@tailwind Thank you for sharing that. I share a lot of everything my pins | other's pins | pins created by companies that I work with both through ads and rich pins with no ads. There is just so much misinformation about Pinterest and about followers vs. viewers its really difficult for someone like me too really get it - when I started using Pinterest (personal) back in like 08|09 Pinterest was completely different and it really was all about followers this was of course following other social media apps of that time where followers were the most important thing on a profile. I tend to agree with Brian personally, I feel like there is somehow more movement with viewers. What are your thoughts?

Lisa😀

0 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

Personally, when it comes to stats, I feel that increasing all your stats are important in the bigger scheme of things. The reason I say this is because, in my mind, it depends on who is visiting your page & what "stat" catches their eye & what impresses them... maybe enough to follow you, save your pins or click through & visit your site/blog. Many times I've been asked by fellow food bloggers what I do on Pinterest to get so many Followers, that they can't seem to get more than 1,000... so they obviously find that stat impressive. Rarely do I get asked about my monthly viewers, although because it's so prominent on each person's page, it must make some sort of impression on visitors, don't you think?

1 Kudo
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@foodiehomechef @brianbaccusbrands I agree but I also agree with Brian I feel like the viewers have more play because I know people see things and do react to what they see but not necessarily in the moment or on your (my) boards - people are funny about what they will do after they see something that really inspires them and some people will just react and follow everything. I don't have a lot of followers but I am picking up a lot of viewers quickly. That's why I posted to get feedback because here I am getting a lot of views (in a short amount of time) but the followers are really slow albeit organic but slow....

Lisa😁

1 Kudo
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@therealsouthamerica   I also agree that the viewers are important & it's great that you're picking up so many quickly Lisa. I don't know how long you've been on Pinterest, but it's a long term commitment in order to organically increase all your stats. To be honest those Monthly Viewer stats make me crazy because they fluctuate wildly! Just a few months ago I was well over 1.2 million, then it kept going down, down, down till I got to about 495k & now it's been inching back up slowly & I'm at about 635k and I can't figure out why it's so erratic in such a short period of time!

1 Kudo
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@foodiehomechef Hello I definitely agree I guess for what I am doing reach in some ways works better for me. I see your point on the numbers that is truly frustrating. My numbers also went down for a while and then came back up. I am optimistic that your numbers will come back up. 

Thank you for the follow I have followed you back❤️

Lisa😁

2 Kudos