Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Updating Pinterest Board Covers

beaconpointe
Just visiting
Labels (4)

Hello Pinterest Business Community,

We are excited to have joined here - this forum is great! 

Posting this as we are hoping to get some feedback and thoughts on the best method to go about updating board covers. Is it worthwhile to do so? Since users are unable to upload the cover without pinning the graphic first, is it effective to pin our board covers just so we can update our boards? Or is this a waste of time and we should not be focusing on the board covers at all?

Any and all feedback is helpful, thanks so much!

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@beaconpointe 

Hi, Welcome to the PBC!

I read your post, and it's a great question. It's a question that has repeatedly come up in the PBC.

I am linking to an article about Pinterest Boards that you might find interesting + helpful.

Tips When Creating Boards On Pinterest 📌 

I have been on Pinterest since 2008 - and Board Covers are a hot topic on Pinterest and here in the PBC.

Some Pinners believe it doesn't matter, and some Pinners believe the opposite - below is my thought on Board Covers. I use Board Covers, but it's really down to you + your business. Remember that Boards are a huge part of what you do on Pinterest + Board Covers are your Intro and they are ultimately what catches people's eye when surfing around on Pinterest or deciding which business to use or buy from.

Boards get downplayed a lot or overshadowed by keywords and algorithms blah blah - think of it like this...if you didn't have boards, where would you pin your content? Boards require people to get back to basics, sometimes 'Basic' is the best way.

"Board Covers are a good idea, but there is no 'standard' on Pinterest; everyone does it differently; create board covers that are consistent with the board you are creating and, most importantly, your business + brand.
Embrace Creativity! Make your boards as unique as your brand, business, and you!"

Board Cover Tip 👇

If you decide to use Board Covers, I suggest using Canva and create using 600 x 600 for your Board Cover Dimensions.

I hope this helps you - please share your thoughts and whether you will use Board Covers.

Lisa

View solution in original post

3 Kudos
4 Replies
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@beaconpointe 

Hi, Welcome to the PBC!

I read your post, and it's a great question. It's a question that has repeatedly come up in the PBC.

I am linking to an article about Pinterest Boards that you might find interesting + helpful.

Tips When Creating Boards On Pinterest 📌 

I have been on Pinterest since 2008 - and Board Covers are a hot topic on Pinterest and here in the PBC.

Some Pinners believe it doesn't matter, and some Pinners believe the opposite - below is my thought on Board Covers. I use Board Covers, but it's really down to you + your business. Remember that Boards are a huge part of what you do on Pinterest + Board Covers are your Intro and they are ultimately what catches people's eye when surfing around on Pinterest or deciding which business to use or buy from.

Boards get downplayed a lot or overshadowed by keywords and algorithms blah blah - think of it like this...if you didn't have boards, where would you pin your content? Boards require people to get back to basics, sometimes 'Basic' is the best way.

"Board Covers are a good idea, but there is no 'standard' on Pinterest; everyone does it differently; create board covers that are consistent with the board you are creating and, most importantly, your business + brand.
Embrace Creativity! Make your boards as unique as your brand, business, and you!"

Board Cover Tip 👇

If you decide to use Board Covers, I suggest using Canva and create using 600 x 600 for your Board Cover Dimensions.

I hope this helps you - please share your thoughts and whether you will use Board Covers.

Lisa

3 Kudos
JanaOMedia
Marvel

Hi @beaconpointe!

I personally like board covers. I have them - and I create them for clients. 🙂 I think they give your profile an intentional, branded look.

It’s still true that most pins are found in searches and smartfeeds. (Remember, Pinterest is a search engine, so that’s how your pins get surfaced and shown to the right people – based largely on keywords!)

But, these days with the advent of idea pins, I can confidently say that – more and more – people are now visiting Pinterest profiles.

So I think they are worth making! 🙂 

3 Kudos
beaconpointe
Just visiting

So helpful @JanaOMedia & @bodymindmood! Thanks so much for your feedback and thoughts, it is much appreciated! I love both of your inputs on this and totally agree. With the idea pins too, that makes sense that users are more inclined to check out other Pinterest profiles. Thanks again!

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@beaconpointe 

You're Welcome.

Lisa

0 Kudos