Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Tailwind and boards

smartgymdecisions
Just visiting

Hello guys! So I'm thinking about paying for the tailwind basic plan because right now I only publish 3 pins per day. The limit of posts for this plan is 100 posts. If I create only 30 pins per month but publish them on different boards, does that mean that I made 90 pins or I'm still at 30?

Also if I decide that I want to publish 150 pins per month, instead of 100, is it possible to upgrade the basic plan?

And finally, right now in 2023 what's the best pinterest strategy when it comes to number of pins published per day, how many times should I publish the same pin on different boards?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
hellohomegirl
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @smartgymdecisions ! I'll try best to answer your four questions.

1. Every time you publish a pin, that is counted as 1 post. Therefore, in the scenario you posed, it would indeed count as 90 if I'm understanding correctly.

2. You can upgrade the basic plan, also known as the pro plan. However, they have two ways you can pay: yearly or monthly. If you're thinking you would need to upgrade sooner or within the year, you might want to pay monthly to give yourself that flexibility. I'm sure that reaching directly out to Tailwind would give you more clarity.

3. Admittedly, my answer to this is more of an opinion rather that fact. I think consistency is key rather than adhering to a set amount of daily pins. If 3 pins a day is viable for you, go for it. However, for me, 1 standard pin 3 times a week is more viable for me. My opinion is that you just don't want to publish a bunch of pins then run out of pins only to find yourself not publishing pins for months at a time. So, in conclusion, there are zero suggestions from Pinterest that say you must publish X amount of times a day.

Also, idea pins are gaining more traction, so it might be more sustainable to focus your energy there.

4. There aren't any suggestions on how often to publish the same pin to different boards. Pinterest likes fresh content more than the same pin to different boards.

When I publish the same pin to different boards, I just make sure that the different boards are relevant. I like to space out those by a few months or even year. That's just my preference.

I hope this helps. Someone else may provide some better info on it as well since my answers to 3 and 4 are more opinion-based.

2 Kudos
JanaOMedia
Marvel

@hellohomegirl - you nailed it! Agree on all. And as for 3 and 4, there are many approaches. Like you said, there's isn't any fact here - just opinion! 

The only thing I'll add is my opinion. With number 4... If I ever add the same image to more than one board anymore (I rarely do it), I like to space them at least 30 days apart. But again, that's just my approach and comfort level! 

1 Kudo