Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Success Tips: How to Make Money on Pinterest [ Share Your Tips! ]

BestFunGifts
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer
Labels (3)

Hey PBC,

How are you making money on Pinterest? 

• Branded content?
  • Shoppable pins?
  • Affiliate marketing?
  • Influencer marketing?
  • Creator Rewards?
  • Paid partnerships?
  • Other?

Welcome your money making success tips too!

My main method is offering Pinterest marketing services and creating content for the Creator Rewards Program.

For marketing services, I primarily help startups and small businesses with business account setup and managing ads. Most of my clients are word of mouth referrals. 

For content creation, designing infographics related to mental health and personal finance has been most successful for meeting the monthly reward goals.

I haven't had much success with affiliate marketing though. But would love to hear what works best for you😉

All the best,

@BestFunGifts 

4 Kudos
12 Replies
heyadamwilson
Just visiting

Hello NotABondGirl and Pinterest community!

I am an experienced Affiliate Marketer. Behavioral modification psychology is best use to influence people to take action.

The most popular principles of influence are as follows:

1. Reciprocity
  2. Social Proof
  3. Authority
  4. Liking
  5. Commitment and Consistency
  6. Scarcity

Reciprocity is commonly used in the form of gift giving. This looks a lot like a blogger exchanging a PDF document or info graphic checklist Free Gift in exchange for an email address.

linking to an email sign up page that will redirect to the blog article with the promised free download PDF guide after a successful sign up will increase affiliate sales!. You can put affiliate links to helpful tools or resources related to the PDF directly inside. You can use Adobe Acrobat or LibreOffice to put links inside of a PDF document. The only way to get to the PDF is to email sign up to load the blog article you wrote with the free gift download at the very top! *sneaky* 🙂

Social Proof is used by showing you have approval from a group. The bigger your YouTube or Pinterest following gets. the more people will trust you and want your free email sign up gifts. The gifts contain affiliate links inside.

Authority is having the endorsement from another blogger that you can use as a quote or testimonial will help

Liking looks a lot like being relatable. Tell your audience what you believe in a blog article, YouTube video and you attract people who believe what you believe.

Commitment and Consistency requires micro commitments. This looks like asking a person

"Do you like helping people? YES
"Do you want to grow on Pinterest?" YES
click here and get my free Pinterest checklist to get started

Scarcity looks like creating fear. Get this limited time 50% discount on my new Pinterest course, this deal last for ONLY 24 hours for you!

Summary: linking website pages you create that take advantage of time proven behavior modification tactics to get a person to take action now like the 6 principles above. You will greatly increase your chance of making affiliate income if you put your affiliate links inside your FREE Bonus Gifts.

I encourage you to learn more about the AIDA Model created by Elmo Lewis. Every Direct Response Marketer uses these tactics to monetize traffic (an audience) on social platforms like Pinterest.

if you collect emails through free bonus gift giving. you can influence people for years to come from your list.

Wiki URL: The AIDA Model 
Wiki URL: Direct Response Marketing

1 Kudo
BestFunGifts
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Thanks for sharing! 😊

0 Kudos
BestFunGifts
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Due to the volume of questions related to making money on Pinterest, I created an infographic for quick reference👍

How to Make Money on Pinterest >>

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/568157309255031955/

0 Kudos