Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Standard Pin Size Difference: Android vs. iOS

freshpinscreators
Posts regularly

Hi Everyone, 

My 1000x1500px pins are different depending on if you use iOS or Android.  

Has anyone noticed this happening too? I tried searching for other examples and found a few. I don't know what's the reason. The First Image is Android; the second is iOS. My pin is the green one.

AndroidAndroid       iOSiOS

Maria Laura Luna Broilo - Fresh Pins Creators

2 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@freshpinscreators  unfortunately you'll always see differences as the apps are updated with new features and the challenge with various screen sizes and mobile OS.

It's a great idea you have by using an Android and an iPhone, it does help creating pins.

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
3 Replies
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hey @freshpinscreators , developing Android apps are somewhat tricky to code over iOS apps. The iPhones and tablets are fairly uniform but you'll find a large number of Android makes, screen sizes and handsets. Each brand has it's own unique build of Android, and there will be differences. What you see on one Android may be slightly different on the next and definitely with iOS.

1 Kudo
freshpinscreators
Posts regularly

Hi @michaelbliss , yes, but in this case, the Android pin looks great, and the issue is with iOS. It's so odd.  

1 Kudo
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@freshpinscreators  unfortunately you'll always see differences as the apps are updated with new features and the challenge with various screen sizes and mobile OS.

It's a great idea you have by using an Android and an iPhone, it does help creating pins.

1 Kudo