Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Question About Removing A Pin From Pinterest

LVSPinterestManagement
Just visiting

Hello.  I have a client that needs to have a pin removed due to legal reasons.  She is a photographer and used an image last year and was asked to remove the pin.  She deleted it from all her boards, but I told her that each time it is repinned, it is given a unique URL.  I reached out to Pinterest Support and received a message that said 
"Hello, I am a Bot."  It went on to say that she would have to deindex using Google, Yahoo, and Bing.  Why can't it just be removed by Pinterest?  Thanks! 

1 Kudo
7 Replies
terezatoledo
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @LVSPinterestManagement , welcome to the PBC and I'm sorry to hear you are dealing with this issue.

I'm afraid I don't have an exact answer yet, maybe @michaelbliss could have some thoughts. 

I would kindly reply, explain the situation and ask they they would be able to remove all "impressions" of the image from Pinterest. But I'm not sure how would they be able to deindex from search engines.

4 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@LVSPinterestManagement @terezatoledo 

Hi there I just saw your post and you can request a formal removal from Pinterest via the link below - when you land on the page scroll down and click the link that asks you to fill out a copyright complaint form.

https://policy.pinterest.com/en/copyright

I hope this helps.

Lisa

3 Kudos
terezatoledo
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Thanks for sharing the link @bodymindmood !

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@terezatoledo 

No problem - I actually had to use it as someone took all of my photos of me and used them on some account kind of scary.

Lisa

0 Kudos
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Thanks for the tag @terezatoledo !

@LVSPinterestManagementI understand completely how discouraging this can be. You can file a take down request and all the pins will be removed.

I wrote a short article here with more information. You may take a look at the Content Claiming Portal. I hope this helps you.

1 Kudo
LVSPinterestManagement
Just visiting

Thank you @bodymindmood, this was very helpful!  

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@LVSPinterestManagement 

FYI there is also a Portal that you can Apply to on behalf of your Client the Application is on the same linked page I posted.

Also, consider turning off Download Pin et al. before posting your pins in settings.

Glad it helped.

Lisa.

0 Kudos