Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Publish Weekly, Get Rewarded Not Accepted

imerikamarie
Just visiting

I submitted my idea pin to the publish weekly, get rewarded goal on July 5th and it was "Not Accepted" on July 11th. I followed all the rules, so I'm not sure why it was not accepted. My question is, should I still submit idea pins for the rest of the weeks or does it not matter because I technically didn't do the first week?

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BestFunGifts
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hey @bethgrushkin !

I learned that lesson the hard way. I used to submit pins immediately after uploading. Sometimes those pins flopped...and certain goals only allowed up to 10 pins to be submitted.

When I did the math last month, I could've made over $800 more if I waited until the pins reached the goal's benchmark. *cringe* right?!

However, I see that there is a 7K participant limit for each of the goals. So it has to be a balance because if I wait too long, perhaps the goal will no longer be open for submission.

Bottom line, I'm going to wait until certain pins get close enough to meeting the goal before submitting 😉

Good luck @bethgrushkin 

@NotABondGirl 

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
10 Replies
BestFunGifts
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hey @imerikamarie !

That happened to me last month for several pins...and I'm certain I followed all the guidelines/rules too.

I still submitted Idea pins for the rest of the weeks and it was accepted because eventually the "not accepted pins" changed to "accepted".

Strange because I didn't write to the Help Center or do anything. Hopefully your "not accepted" pins will change as well. Bottom line, it doesn't hurt to submit pins for the rest of the weeks.

Good luck!

1 Kudo
moderncrumb
Just visiting
0 Kudos
imerikamarie
Just visiting

Hi, @BestFunGifts !

The pin changed to "in review", thankfully! I will continue to post for the rest of the weeks. Thank you for the response!

2 Kudos
bethgrushkin
Just visiting

Question....do you load Idea Pins as soon as you make them or wait until they have the designated amount of like to get paid before you submit? @BestFunGifts  Thanks!!!!

1 Kudo
BestFunGifts
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hey @bethgrushkin !

I learned that lesson the hard way. I used to submit pins immediately after uploading. Sometimes those pins flopped...and certain goals only allowed up to 10 pins to be submitted.

When I did the math last month, I could've made over $800 more if I waited until the pins reached the goal's benchmark. *cringe* right?!

However, I see that there is a 7K participant limit for each of the goals. So it has to be a balance because if I wait too long, perhaps the goal will no longer be open for submission.

Bottom line, I'm going to wait until certain pins get close enough to meeting the goal before submitting 😉

Good luck @bethgrushkin 

@NotABondGirl 

2 Kudos
BestFunGifts
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Woohoo! *happy dance* @imerikamarie 

0 Kudos
bethgrushkin
Just visiting

@BestFunGifts Thanks so much...super helpful. This is my first month in the Creator Hub, so I feel like I am throwing spaghetti at the wall. But super grateful to get paid after my YEARS of hard work on Pinterest. I got in mid July, so I can't do the one pin a week one, but am shooting for all the other options. 

Thanks again!!

@bethgrushkin 

1 Kudo
BestFunGifts
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Sure thing! I'm with ya...it's been YEARS of hard work @bethgrushkin 

0 Kudos
bethgrushkin
Just visiting

Do you know what the reasons are for "not accepted"?  and is there anyone at Pinterest to talk to?  I was up for 645 bucks for three pins and just heard it was not accepted. They all had video content, etc. It's super frustrating.  I want to like this creator hub, but .......

Thanks!!

Beth Grushkin

1 Kudo