Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Pinterest Take Down Notice that I Didn't File

sarawatsonim
Just visiting

Hi there, 

I have received two emails from Pinterest that say "Thank you for submitting a copyright takedown request. We will review your request and follow up with any additional details." Each with a Copyright ID#.

But I didn't file any requests. I have a LOT of stolen pins that I should be filing DMCAs over but there are way too many for me to stay on top of. The last one I filed was on September 8th which has a different file number and has already been closed and dealt with. What is going on? Is someone filing these on my behalf? There have been a lot of issues going on in the last month or so and it's really turning me off this platform. 

Is this a glitch? It's from a legit email.

Regards,

Sara

1 Kudo
3 Replies
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@sarawatsonim 

Hi Sara glad you made it to the PBC

I read your post and I'm sorry you are having these issues.

I recently responded to this post User is copying my blog where I listed a link to the Copyright Infringement Form. I am sure you already have used this form as per your last filing on September 8th but I thought perhaps if you reach out again explaining the situation and providing the different ID# might be a step in the right direction - this is the link to the Pinterest Copyright Site

You can actually email them directly + there is information on how to deal with different types of Copyright Issues.

Please let me know if this helped you and if not please come back share where you are at.

Lisa.

0 Kudos
sarawatsonim
Just visiting

This is definitely a weird glitch. The first one was sent to me a few minutes after sending an email to help. Then I sent help another email regarding the takedown notice email, and I got another Takedown Notice Notification email a few minutes after that. And just now I sent a message to the copyright email in your response above and what do I know? A few minutes later I received yet another Takedown Notice email. So there is obviously some kind of glitch that is sending these out in response anytime you send a question in to help. 

As long as it is a glitch and not anything else I am good with it. Thanks for the response.

Sara.

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@sarawatsonim 

Hi Sara

Yes, that is strange for sure - I can't say for sure that its a glitch and I don't want to give you the wrong information. I will admit it does seem like a glitch.

I am tagging @PinterestSupport and I am also tagging a Manager here in the PBC @PinterestJazmin in the hopes that they can assist on this issue.

Please let us know what happens.

Lisa

0 Kudos