Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Pinterest Shuffles - How are you using it?

alisammeredith
Loves to help

I got access to Pinterest Shuffles (if you want an access code, you can DM me on Pinterest @alisammeredith ). I made one very ugly Shuffle and now I don't know what to do with it. 

The prettiest ones I see look like they're using the stock elements Pinterest provides. They're very feminine and romantic.

What I haven't figured out yet (aside from how to make mine look good ;)) is the connection with Pinterest. Will I use this to help people find me on Pinterest? I'm not sure I want yet another social account to maintain. Will there be a way to export them and post them on other platforms, like direct to Pinterest? It looks like while you can "view on Pinterest," the Shuffles aren't actually added to your Pinterest account, which surprised me! 

Anyway, it looks like a fun image creation tool, but I don't know how much I'll use it. You?

2 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@alisammeredith @terezatoledo 

Hi there nice to see you back!

OMG Shuffles are so much fun....Loving this app.

On your point with the connection to Pinterest its definitely another way to create (perhaps more abstract) but creation none the less. What you create on Shuffles is not automatically added to your Pinterest Account but you can add them as Standard Pins | Idea Pins and they function really well. I have also added them onto IG | FB and have had good response.

I use my own photos | stock and I use the search feature which taps directly into Pinterest so you can search for any content you want to add. While I have noticed that people using Shuffle aren't necessarily keeping with their niche - I actually do and create collages related to fitness. The other thing I really like is the animation | transitions et al that you can add to your Shuffle + you can add transitions | animations to your shuffles that you download I did one today for IG (timelapse) and I thought it looked great definitely a plus. I don't particularly like the name but I have no doubt it will change at some point they are constantly updating the app. It has some great features like a type of Photoshop with layering + animation tools.

Once a shuffle has been created using different pieces of content, if you tap on a particular photo in the shuffle and it is on Pinterest it will pop up on your screen so you can see it closely or save it and for each Shuffle you can see how many pieces of content have been added and view them that way (hope that made sense) Gen Z seems to be loving this app but it is becoming popular with other gens.

I am using it a lot and it offers a new way to present content - in Fitness we talk about Abs | Arms et al I can collage it down to that specific area of the vertical which I really like. 

Lisa

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
7 Replies
terezatoledo
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @alisammeredith !
I've been playing around with Shuffles and it can be fun. I like that we can pull images from our own pins  to create the collages. We can also get images from out phone.
The Shuffles created can be sent to a board as a pin (in the sharing/upload at the top once the Shuffle is published). It would link back to your Shuffles profile.

I also believe you can share to other platforms. I haven't tried to download them, but I'm assuming it's a possibility as well.

2 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@alisammeredith @terezatoledo 

Hi there nice to see you back!

OMG Shuffles are so much fun....Loving this app.

On your point with the connection to Pinterest its definitely another way to create (perhaps more abstract) but creation none the less. What you create on Shuffles is not automatically added to your Pinterest Account but you can add them as Standard Pins | Idea Pins and they function really well. I have also added them onto IG | FB and have had good response.

I use my own photos | stock and I use the search feature which taps directly into Pinterest so you can search for any content you want to add. While I have noticed that people using Shuffle aren't necessarily keeping with their niche - I actually do and create collages related to fitness. The other thing I really like is the animation | transitions et al that you can add to your Shuffle + you can add transitions | animations to your shuffles that you download I did one today for IG (timelapse) and I thought it looked great definitely a plus. I don't particularly like the name but I have no doubt it will change at some point they are constantly updating the app. It has some great features like a type of Photoshop with layering + animation tools.

Once a shuffle has been created using different pieces of content, if you tap on a particular photo in the shuffle and it is on Pinterest it will pop up on your screen so you can see it closely or save it and for each Shuffle you can see how many pieces of content have been added and view them that way (hope that made sense) Gen Z seems to be loving this app but it is becoming popular with other gens.

I am using it a lot and it offers a new way to present content - in Fitness we talk about Abs | Arms et al I can collage it down to that specific area of the vertical which I really like. 

Lisa

1 Kudo
ideachicretail
Loves to help

If Shuffles is anything like Polyvore, which shut down in 2018, it will be significant in idea and sales generation. Those who loved that platform at the time will jump all over this. I remember people especially in fashion having a meldown when Polyvore shut down. Somebody at Pinterest knows this 😉 

When I open SM traffic stats all time, Polyvre still registers above everything except Pinterest to this day. I think Pinterest is sitting on a big deal here. Hope it becomes available on Android! 

2 Kudos
alisammeredith
Loves to help

Aha! I had to hit the Send button and then the upload link to send to Pinterest. Thanks Tereza 🙂 I still don't see a way to download a Shuffle.

1 Kudo
alisammeredith
Loves to help

I'd love to see your Shuffles! The thing I really like about Shuffles is the background remover. Worked great on a photo of my cat 🙂

0 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@alisammeredith 

Once you have saved and shared a shuffle on the platform hit the share button on the right hand side at the bottom.

Lisa

0 Kudos
AniisahEArt
Just visiting

I started using shuffles and linked it to my Pinterest page. When I created my first shuffle it went to my Pinterest. However I have searched my Pinterest and can’t seem to find it as a pin or idea pin anywhere. But I can view the analytic information for the shuffle on my Pinterest page. 

Does anyone know how I’ve managed to do this or is this automatically done.

Thank you 😊

0 Kudos