Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Pinterest Impressions Not Increasing

homebyalley
Just visiting

I started my creator account about 3 months ago for my website. I use the Pinterest scheduler to pin 6-7 fresh pins daily as part of a great pinning strategy. My account seemed to be steadily picking up impressions. However, for the past month, my daily impressions have been floating around 500. This number may fluctuate by 100ish impressions on a daily basis. I’m confused as to why my impressions are not increasing as I continue posting fresh content daily. I have been floating around 500 daily impressions for the past month now. I feel almost as if my account is capped, if that’s even a thing, and my content isn’t being shown to its fullest potential.

Another note that may be helpful: about a month ago, most of my top Pins impressions flatlined. On each of them I was receiving hundreds of daily impressions, and then all at once, on the same day, they all flatlined to zero. After many tickets to Pinterest around the possibility of my account falling victim to the Spam Filter/Block, and many generic Ebbs and Flows emails later, someone finally “fixed” the pins, but couldn’t tell me what the issue was. The pins that were impacted now seem to only get a handful of impressions, whereas when I first posted them, they were receiving hundreds daily. It’s important to note, this only impacted a handful of my pins (my top pins) while others seemed to still be doing alright.

Has anyone experienced this where you just can’t seem to gain more impressions and you feel stuck at a certain number of daily impressions? Even as you post a lot of fresh content daily? Is there something wrong with my account?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
hellohomegirl
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @homebyalley ! This has totally happened to me before. It can really feel frustrating, so I really empathize with your frustrations.

A strategy that really "jump starts" my pin impressions (in a way) is to post an idea pin. For example, I post to my blog, then make an idea pin informing about a specific part of the post, then make static pins about the idea pin that redirects back to my post.

I post an idea pin when I can, so it's definitely not daily. I'm more of a weekly or biweekly poster of idea pins. 

Wishing you all the best and we are here to help if you need any further help!

2 Kudos
homebyalley
Just visiting

Hi @hellohomegirl !! Thank you so much for your response! Just hearing this from someone else already makes me feel a lot better 🙂

I’ve only created a couple Idea Pins, but it’s a great idea to get more into that side of pinning and add that to my overall strategy!

If you don’t mind me asking, when you were first starting out on Pinterest, how long did it take you to really start to see your impressions rise? As I said before, I’ve only had my creator account and been posting about 7 daily fresh pins for 3 months now without much change in impressions day to day in the past month. I know the formula is probably consistency being key and just keep on keeping on, but was just curious to hear someone else’s timeline 🙂 Anything else you’d recommend is also greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

1 Kudo
hellohomegirl
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@homebyalley I'm glad this was helpful!

Usually, it takes creators at least 6 months to see the impact of their labor here on Pinterest. However, I began seeing results in about 9 months. It may seem like a long time, but it's totally worth it in my opinion to play the long game.

Currently, my impressions are inflated due to hosting a Pinterest Live. I'd encourage you to explore that option after posting a few more idea pins. Additionally, you would benefit from employing some trending keywords to you idea pins in order to help get your content seen.

You are totally right: consistency and perseverance are crucial. But when your content begins to pick up steam, it's totally rewarding! I think of my Pinterest content like food; you got to let it marinate for a while! 🤣

Last thing -- I admire you for posting 7 fresh pins daily, but you may want to consider reducing that number so that you can put more energy into idea pins. I'd hate for you to burn out early on. ❤ 

Please ask away and explore the PBC further. You can also DM me as well. Your questions help the community as a whole. 🥳

1 Kudo
veronikalipar
Loves to help

I can totally feel you. My strategy doesn't work anymore either. Up until recently, I had over 5M impressions, but now it has all stopped. I guess it's just my content that is wrong. But it could also be because of the glitches. My idea pins aren't visible in the app and all my idea pin highlights are gone. Anyway, the point is, it could be your content that is not performing at this time of the year, or just bad luck.

1 Kudo
isabeltalensm
Posts regularly

You're doing very well @homebyalley Your commitment and drive to learn are fantastic!!!

@hellohomegirl has excellent advice. I would also remember that the end goal isn't impressions. Depending on your strategy on Pinterest, what you really want to be aiming for is outbound clicks, saves, follows as well as comments, reactions, takes on your idea pins to build community.

The more engagement you drive with your content by driving inspiration, the more exposure your account will have and, more importantly, the more you will focus on the metrics that drive results for you.

I get that it all starts with impressions. So concentrate on showing up on search by experimenting with keywords and using the Pinterest trend tool. Those 2 things will boost your possibilities of getting the first stage, the one about discoverability, working for you.

You're doing great. It's only be 3 months. Keep it up! I'm soo excited for your Pinterest journey.

2 Kudos
homebyalley
Just visiting

@hellohomegirl @isabeltalensm thank you all so much for your input and advice here! I haven’t been on community since before the holidays, so wishing you all a happy new year!

I have started incorporating some idea pins and usually see a spike in impressions for the first several days before it dips down again. I’m assuming maybe that’s how idea pins work until you get a little more established.

As all of you have mentioned, my account is still very new in the grand scheme of it all - just entering my 4th month on Pinterest 🙂 I’m hopeful that as time moves on, the numbers will increase and the traffic will start flowing to my site. Currently Google is my main source of traffic, with Pinterest traffic only generating 1 or 2 visits every couple days. My main concern initially was whether there was an issue with my account after my pins took a massive dip a couple months ago, but it appears things have started becoming more consistent. Obviously had a dip after holidays, which it seems like everyone feels the impact of, my impressions are floating around 12k monthly, and clicks seem to be steady (not increasing or decreasing at this moment in time).

I’m definitely in it for the long haul - so I will keep cruising along! I greatly appreciate all of the encouragement and advice here! It’s really refreshing after seeing the many posts claiming that you can increase to 10m impressions within a couple weeks 😉 which I feel like a lot of Pinterest creators may read and become discouraged when the same isn’t happening for them. Seems like success is truly all in the marination like you said 🤣

1 Kudo