Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

pin and idea pin views

LeatherCraftSo
Just visiting

For about 3 weeks, his views on his pinterest account have dropped a lot. I could not understand the reason. I don't know if it's related to the content I posted. I need help

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestIvania

Hello @LeatherCraftSo and welcome to the PBC!

Thanks for your question. In the last year, we invested in new tools to help creators like you bring their ideas to life through the creation of Idea Pins. We introduced camera features, editing tools, stickers, filters and more with our new Idea Pin format to enable creators to more easily create inspiration directly within the Pinterest app.

We’ve recently made some changes to better serve the most relevant content to Pinners based on user feedback. While we continue to get positive feedback on Idea Pins, we also recognize that Pinners are looking for a variety of ways to find and consume inspiring content.

As such, we made updates to how we recommend Pins to ensure users see content that they may find most engaging and useful. Some of these changes, while anticipated to drive growth in your long term engagement and metrics, may result in a decrease in impressions for Idea Pins in the short term and thus want to give you visibility into these changes:

- Inspirational engagement. The best way to build an audience on Pinterest is by publishing ideas worth saving. To underscore Pinterest's longstanding value as a visual platform with saveable, inspiring ideas, we will be increasingly prioritizing content that generates saves and engagement that inspires Pinners.

- Mix your content. Now, we want to open up the lens of creation and invite you to consider Idea Pins as part of your broader content mix on Pinterest, inclusive of standard image Pins. We believe that this shift will in the longer term help you grow your unique audience on Pinterest and result in a more inspiring, positive platform for all.

Give us a shout if you have any questions!

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
3 Replies
PinterestIvania

Hello @LeatherCraftSo and welcome to the PBC!

Thanks for your question. In the last year, we invested in new tools to help creators like you bring their ideas to life through the creation of Idea Pins. We introduced camera features, editing tools, stickers, filters and more with our new Idea Pin format to enable creators to more easily create inspiration directly within the Pinterest app.

We’ve recently made some changes to better serve the most relevant content to Pinners based on user feedback. While we continue to get positive feedback on Idea Pins, we also recognize that Pinners are looking for a variety of ways to find and consume inspiring content.

As such, we made updates to how we recommend Pins to ensure users see content that they may find most engaging and useful. Some of these changes, while anticipated to drive growth in your long term engagement and metrics, may result in a decrease in impressions for Idea Pins in the short term and thus want to give you visibility into these changes:

- Inspirational engagement. The best way to build an audience on Pinterest is by publishing ideas worth saving. To underscore Pinterest's longstanding value as a visual platform with saveable, inspiring ideas, we will be increasingly prioritizing content that generates saves and engagement that inspires Pinners.

- Mix your content. Now, we want to open up the lens of creation and invite you to consider Idea Pins as part of your broader content mix on Pinterest, inclusive of standard image Pins. We believe that this shift will in the longer term help you grow your unique audience on Pinterest and result in a more inspiring, positive platform for all.

Give us a shout if you have any questions!

1 Kudo
thecontentcollection
Just visiting

One of my client accounts is experiencing the same since the 2nd of February. I thought we had mistakenly been caught in the spam filter but Pinterest says it hasn't. This account has a good engagement & save rate so it doesn't make sense. It's not affecting idea pins though only standard pins which in turn affects her idea pins through them not showing as related pins. New content seems to be distributed just not her pins published before this month. Please share if you find out anything. 

1 Kudo
LeatherCraftSo
Just visiting

I understand that this is the reason for the general decline. I hope I don't get it wrong. I take care to share my content every day, but there is still no return. I can never reach my old screening numbers @PinterestIvania @thecontentcollection 

0 Kudos