Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

No traffic from new pins UK

momoftwolittlegirls
Just visiting

I am getting increasingly frustrated with Pinterest. I still receive a fair amount of traffic from old pins created more than a year ago, but for any new pins I create, whether video pins or static pins, I receive maybe 10 - 15 impressions. MAYBE 100!

When I log in using a different account and search for my niche pins they do not show up in the feed - why is this? It feels like Pinterest are deliberately blocking my pins.  

I'm following all the guidelines and even had an audit done on my account but it's not improved at all. 

I finally caved and paid to promote a pin, and that got a few thousand views but hardly any click-throughs and now my traffic and impressions are back to before with no movement on my new fresh pins. 

It's incredibly disheartening for bloggers such as myself who are there, creating content. It seems Pinterest only want to reward shoppers now. 

Has anyone else found this? 

3 Kudos
5 Replies
momentswithjenny
Posts regularly

@momoftwolittlegirls Welcome to the new Pinterest. Almost every blogger/creator is as frustrated as you are. We've all been waiting patiently and hoping that something is going to be done to rectify the situation but at this point, it's right to conclude that Pinterest no longer cares about creators. 

4 Kudos
momoftwolittlegirls
Just visiting

Thanks @momentswithjenny 

It's so sad really as it was a great community of creators. I find it the same on all other platforms as well, if you don't pay they aren't interested.

Bring back the glory days of Pinterest pre-2019, and StumbleUpon. 

1 Kudo
momentswithjenny
Posts regularly

@momoftwolittlegirls It's more frustrating because Pinterest claims to be a visual search engine meanwhile it operates like a social media platform. In fact, I think right now they are an online shopping platform like Amazon. If we wanted to be dishing out idea pins and videos, we would be on Instagram, Snapchat or TikTok.

2 Kudos
momoftwolittlegirls
Just visiting

I agree 100%! It's not even worth my time in terms of return on investment when you consider our time is our investment. 

1 Kudo
momentswithjenny
Posts regularly

I've decided to invest my time in SEO. At least, Google rewards you with free traffic if you have quality content. They don't fill up search results with paid ads.

I used to write for Pinterest but now I'm writing for Google. We all need to take our business seriously and stop giving Pinterest free content when they're not ready to reward us with valuable traffic.

Creating blog posts and great pins is so time-consuming. I'm not going to dance to the music Pinterest is playing anymore. It's all a game of numbers to them. If you don't have money for ads, you're a nobody.

1 Kudo