Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

My Pinterest traffic is completely gone

shoshanasue
Just visiting

Hi everyone. Hope you all had a great weekend.

So, on Saturday, all my pins that have been ranking were removed from search results. None of my pins appear in search. My Pinterest traffic has since been wiped out.

I do not know what to make of this but it seems my account has been flagged or shadowbanned. I religiously follow the rules, and this is a really frustrating place to be after working hard to build my account to 6.2 million impressions and over 20k followers. 

I am genuinely pleading for help. All the Pins that have been scheduled out since this happened have 0 impressions and surely this can't be normal ebbs and flows of the platform.

Please help!!

Thank you!

3 Kudos
31 Replies
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@shoshanasue @Fitwirr @chillnglow @hifashiongirl_com @michaelbliss 

Hi Everyone 👋🏻

Thanks Michael for tagging me in to the thread I had a chance to read through the thread and not unlike Michael I have also experienced a lot of what everyone is experiencing.

This has happened to me a number of times in the last 2 years and I really feel for everyone because it feels like it is so targeted but not unlike Michael I have really just allowed the numbers to go down and come back up on their own. Its not much of an explanation and certainly there is no easy fix for this but insofar as Pinterest is concerned this does happen. 

I never truly reached out to support in any meaningful way because I felt that there was not much they could actually do, and I am not suggesting they didn't want to help but only that this was clearly an ongoing issue that would inevitably take Pinterest some time to address.

The best advice I can offer anyone who is experiencing this is to hang in there, keep creating good quality content and utilize things like Idea Pins and potentially even a little bit of advertising. Patience is key in this situation and believe it or not the numbers will rebound.

I hope this helps even a little bit while I understand its not an exact solution I do hope this will help to ease the stress of Pinterest Numbers.

Lisa

2 Kudos
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@bodymindmood  Thank you, Lisa!

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@michaelbliss 

Hi there no problem my pleasure.

Lisa

1 Kudo
shoshanasue
Just visiting

@chillnglow Yep, I experienced the same increase in impressions on those specific days and then it all flatlined again.

0 Kudos
shoshanasue
Just visiting

Thanks, @michaelbliss, and @bodymindmood for your input. I am taking action on your advice even though it feels like I'm flogging a dead horse at this point 🙂 I have tried to sign the creator code but the link always takes me to idea pins.

1 Kudo
healthyambitionsteam
Loves to help

@shoshanasue  Pinterest doesn't care....it's evident by the way any concerns over lost traffic is completely ignored in this group and by the support team. 

Unless you are raving about Idea Pins, you get ignored. Oh, and now Pinterest has even massively cut the rewards on Idea Pins (not that I was ever invited)....I almost had to laugh when people started talking about the massive drop for May's Creator Rewards....my only thought was, "Well of course they dropped it! Pinterest doesn't ACTUALLY care about he creators adding content to their platform"

I get less pageviews from Pinterest to my website in an entire month now than I used to get in a single day.

I'm sorry, I know I sound like a disgruntled creator, and I guess I am. 

I have to remind myself that I don't own Pinterest and so I have ZERO control over the asinine decisions they make on how to run their platform. 

0 Kudos
maritedoesit
Just visiting

Hi @chillnglow ! It is recommended to post less than 25 idea pins per month. You can certainly follow your usual schedule but I know the recommendation was to keep it below 25. I hope that helps.

1 Kudo
shoshanasue
Just visiting

@healthyambitionsteam I have chatted with about 5 other bloggers since this happened and they are all in the health/fitness/weight loss niche. Whatever this was, it was aimed at this niche and I am beginning to doubt we will ever recover. I have decided today to stop fighting this and put my energy into SEO and Web Stories- unlike Idea pins, I can actually add a link to web stories.

What irks me is that my workout plans are still ranking but they are just jpegs that don't link to my site. Smore.com is verified by Pinterest but they are always stealing my pins and the more I report the more Pinterest ranks my stolen pins higher!

I will be periodically reporting my pins but I am done with creating fresh Pins. I created 2 idea pins yesterday but have since deleted them. I can't allow Pinterest to ride my back for content with zero returns. 

Yea I noticed that about creator rewards- good for those who got paid while it lasted.

And no, you are not disgruntled- we put in work to create content for Pinterest- it's a two-way street but right now we must beg for a piece of the pie while they carry on allowing spammers to use our content so that the platform looks busy!

0 Kudos
healthyambitionsteam
Loves to help

@shoshanasue I'm with you!! I get way more traffic from Google Web Stories than Pinterest, so that, along with SEO and YouTube are my focus now. 

0 Kudos
chillnglow
Posts regularly

Hi @shoshanasue 

In terms of this issue affecting the weight loss niche, I think you may really be on to something here.

I did a search on one of the topics I used to rank for, and this is what came up.

I'm not too sure, but i think Pinterest may be limiting the number of pins related to things like weight loss. Which may explain why a lot of bloggers in the niche may be affected. Although it doesn't explain everything.

Another interesting thing is that while the majority of my weight-loss related pins were deindexed.. others not related to weight loss were also deindexed.. which is all the more confusing

What do you think?

Screenshot_20220616-202551_Pinterest.jpg

0 Kudos