Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

My following dropped substantially overnight?

Therecipenecessity
Just visiting

Hi 👋, I noticed my followers dropped substantially overnight? Is anyone experiencing this issue?

@Therecipenecessity 

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BestFunGifts
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hey @Therecipenecessity !

You're definitely not alone! I had the same experience yesterday (20K to 19K followers). Then today when I opened my mobile app, the follower count went back up. 

Sometimes when Pinterest removes spam accounts, a significant amount of non-spam accounts are deactivated in the process. I've had my account deactived twice and they reactivated it within 24 hours.

It's a bit annoying but I'm getting used to it! The monthly views will randomnly go from 600K to 0 to 200K throughout the day. So who knows what's the actual figure is! 

Good luck!

@BestFunGifts 

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
12 Replies
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hello @Therecipenecessity , welcome to the PBC. Just to clarify, did your follower count decrease over night? I've had this happen a couple of times over the last 8 or 9 years. Pinterest will remove 'spammy' profiles, this could be the reason.

1 Kudo
BestFunGifts
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hey @Therecipenecessity !

You're definitely not alone! I had the same experience yesterday (20K to 19K followers). Then today when I opened my mobile app, the follower count went back up. 

Sometimes when Pinterest removes spam accounts, a significant amount of non-spam accounts are deactivated in the process. I've had my account deactived twice and they reactivated it within 24 hours.

It's a bit annoying but I'm getting used to it! The monthly views will randomnly go from 600K to 0 to 200K throughout the day. So who knows what's the actual figure is! 

Good luck!

@BestFunGifts 

2 Kudos
y2kskid
Just visiting

Happened to me also just checked and i lost a thousand followers.

1 Kudo
Therecipenecessity
Just visiting

Thank you so much! This was my first experience and your are spot on my count is back up! What a roller coaster 😅

0 Kudos
Therecipenecessity
Just visiting

Mine is back up, how about you?

0 Kudos
gabriellawalls
Just visiting

I lost around 200 followers this morning - mine are not back as of yet. 😕

0 Kudos
BestFunGifts
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

You're welcome! It's such a roller coaster indeed. Good luck 🙂 

1 Kudo
naturallyadela
Just visiting

I came here to ask the same question! I'm sad this happened to us but I'm glad I'm not alone.

1 Kudo
Follow_My_Fashion
Posts regularly

Please Help Me Pinterest Account Some Followers Are Missing I Think There Some Issue Goin With This Please Help And Fix IT

1 Kudo