Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Log-in issues with multiple accounts

pinadvertising
Just visiting

Hi PBC,

Has anyone had issues being kicked out of their client accounts?

The last 48 hours have been a chaotic. We're getting kicked out of multiple Pinterest accounts our agency manages. I needed to get in contact with all of them to coordinate password resets and access to their Pinterest account. But the issue stills persists.

I have been managing Pinterest accounts for 4+ years, and this is the first time that I encounter this issue. 

The log-in issues:
  1. Logging in to an account, and getting a message to reset my password.
  2. I got my client to reset the password and share it.
    • I tried to log in and the Pinterest homepage just refreshes. 
    • I tried again, and got a message to reset my password.
I have tried:
  • Clearing the browser cache
  • Logging in via incognito mode
  • on different laptops and browsers
  • Contacting Pinterest support but they just keep telling us to reset the password.
I have also looked into Pinterest business access (to access their accounts from my account), but it doesn't give the access we need to manage their Pinterest account for organic marketing.

But I haven't been able to stop this issue from happening.

Any help regarding this issue will be appreciated. 

1 Kudo
2 Replies
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@pinadvertising @PinterestSupport @andrealidesigns 

Hi Welcome to the PBC!

I saw your post this morning and I felt like you were talking to me.

Last Night I had the same issue but not with Pinterest with WeHeartIt kicked me out on ipad | iphone here is my workaround (I know you have tried similar things but there is one step you may need to do - Note I am a Premium Member on WeHeartIt joined them at the same time I joined Pinterest circa 2008). The issue you are talking about is identical to what I experienced on the other app.

I would love for you to try the steps and let me know if it worked for Pinterest.

Steps I did to fix the issue on WeHeartIt Login Page:

1. Reset my password

2. Went to Wehearit on Chrome Browser (ipad 2022)

3. Logged In - brought me to settings page for my account (I didn't click on anything or settings)

4. Made a random change (color of background) and saved it -STEP YOU MAY NEED TO DO

5. Clicked on the Home Button for WeHeartIt then scrolled to the top and clicked on Open Mobile App

6. The App opened and my issue was fixed 

Note: I had to perform the same steps on my iPhone 

I have never experienced that before and I am unclear what caused it except that Apps are rolling out updates in anticipation of Apple's IOS16 which is due to be released publicly this month everyday I am seeing massive updates for every app including Pinterest. My guess is that something didn't jive in the update or like misfired on App Login | Startup.

Please come back and let me know if this worked for you.

Lisa

2 Kudos
pinadvertising
Just visiting

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for your answer.

I make it work by:

1. Waiting a couple of hours before attempting to log into any account after the password has been changed
  2. Stay logged into the accounts in different browsers and chrome users.

Pinterest also just released more access to other accounts through the "business access" feature (I believe that happened this week). It is a bit different to manage and access certain insights and the shop tab, but it's a good backup to still have access to the account.

1 Kudo