Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Link to my site in Pin

abdoumehdi390
Just visiting
Labels (4)

When a friend uploads a video in the Pin, when filling in the data after the Pin title field, he finds a field
add a link
But I can't find it in my account??

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@nourishnestle  Here is what it will look like once the feature is released:

idea-pin-links.PNG

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
11 Replies
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hello @abdoumehdi390 welcome to the PBC! Links on Idea Pins are in beta mode now, but they will be rolled out to all users next year.

You should keep a look out on the Product Release Roundup located here for any announcements. I hope this helps you.

Happy creating!

3 Kudos
abdoumehdi390
Just visiting

Thank you
How do I get demo mode now

1 Kudo
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@abdoumehdi390  I'm not sure exactly when the feature will be released for general availability. For now be sure to keep your app updated and watch for an announcement. I know that's not the answer you were hoping for, I wish I could be more specific.

1 Kudo
veronikalipar
Loves to help

For now you can add your link to the notes - that's what I do. I don't know if it does the trick, but what else could we do?

1 Kudo
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@veronikalipar  the 'clickable' Idea Pin link will be inside the details drawer under your profile picture, similar to how you already have on your pins. After using this feature since last June, I've found placing the link first, then text. It can be easily overlooked by users. The link will stay inside the built in browser and not outbound. An example is an Instagram link won't open the Instagram app, but will stay in a browser. I'll double check that in a day or so to be sure that's still the case.

0 Kudos
veronikalipar
Loves to help

I always place only the link in the notes, making sure you can copy and paste into browser.

0 Kudos
nourishnestle
Posts regularly

Hi Michael, Thanks for yoru guidance.

Just so I understand, we won't know if we have that clickable link option until we load the images...is that correct? Thanks.

1 Kudo
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@nourishnestle  Here is what it will look like once the feature is released:

idea-pin-links.PNG

1 Kudo
EntWithBeth
Posts regularly

Ah nice! Thank you! Do you know when it will be released? 

1 Kudo