Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Issues with iOS 16 and also with the updated 16.0.3

foreverfriends_
Posts regularly

Hello, this is @foreverfriends_. I am having trouble creating an Idea Pin using my iPhone 14 Pro Max. I can upload the Idea Pin, but if I try to @mention anyone or pick a board selection, I cannot because it freezes up. Does anybody else have the same issue? If so, please help. Thank you so much, Beth 

@PinterestAbby  or @PinterestJazmin - Can you help me, please? 🙂

1 Kudo
41 Replies
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hey @foreverfriends_  sorry to hear your are having issues posting Idea Pins. I'm tagging Lisa @bodymindmood for some input.

1 Kudo
foreverfriends_
Posts regularly

Thank you so much for your help, and I am looking forward to hearing what she says 😘

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@foreverfriends_ @michaelbliss 

Hello

Thanks Michael for tagging me.

So, had this a number of times including as recently as Sunday | Monday of this week - You should be running v. 16.0.2 on both iPhone and iPad - I am using iPhone 13 Pro Max and Pinterest was not happy so much so that I received a message saying they were experiencing problems.

The freezing is hard when your trying to post....

Make sure you are updating daily for every app this well help they are patching quickly (Beta testing) as new IOS for Macs Ventura are due to be released soon like around October 17th | 18th I read on MAC Rumors.

I hope this helps you.

Lisa

2 Kudos
foreverfriends_
Posts regularly

Thank you both so much. I hope it solves the problem because I can't do Idea Pins either.  

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi Beth 

No worries as long as your updated you should be okay just keep checking.

Lisa.

1 Kudo
foreverfriends_
Posts regularly

Hello Lisa, yes, that is my plan, but it is still not working, so I hope it will work by the 17th or 18th. Again, thank you so much for your help. 

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@foreverfriends_ 

Please do me a favor?

Of course make sure everything is up to date and then turn your phone off and then back on.

Let me know.

Lisa

1 Kudo
foreverfriends_
Posts regularly

@bodymindmood, yes, I have done that already, and I just did it again, and I still have the issues. Let me know if you have any other ideas 🙂

1 Kudo
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@foreverfriends_  quick question... after the app freezes, do you see the pin as a draft the next time you open the app?

1 Kudo