Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Is there a limited number of pins that can be moved to a different board?

lauralee_graphicdesigner
Just visiting
Labels (2)

If there is, I have forgotten about this rule.  And I simply need to be reminded of it.  And that's perfectly fine with me.

I have found on a number of occasions that at first I'm able to move/organize a lot of pins to a new, more re-defined board.  But, after awhile Pinterest seems to shut it down.  When I say that, I mean, I'll get an error message, like it's warning me that the pin couldn't be moved.  After that, it seems impossible to move any more pins at all.  Perhaps there's an easier way I should process this reorganization?

Having wrote an email to Pinterest help/support on this, I was told that it was due to my cache/cookies, and that I needed to clear them.  For one, I've tried doing this right after clearing my cache/cookies - so, this wasn't a solution for me.  It still continues to operate like there's a limit.  

Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated!
TIA, Laura

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abetterresume
Loves to help

When using the organize button the limit for moving or deleting is 50 pins at a time. Usually when you cross that amount, the button deactivates and you have to reduce the number of pins selected.

When moving pins to a different board perhaps this limit is not clear.

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
4 Replies
abetterresume
Loves to help

When using the organize button the limit for moving or deleting is 50 pins at a time. Usually when you cross that amount, the button deactivates and you have to reduce the number of pins selected.

When moving pins to a different board perhaps this limit is not clear.

2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @lauralee_graphicdesigner! Welcome to the community. 🙂 Are you able to share a screenshot of the error message? If you also have the ticket #, we can follow-up/check on the status of your ticket with support. 

0 Kudos
lauralee_graphicdesigner
Just visiting

Hi @PinterestGabby,  Thank you.  No, I did not get a ticket#, nor a capture of the error message, but I think that there might be a limitation.  I'm okay with that.  Also the error message is very generic.    
Also, I figured another way of moving pins, and that all worked itself out now.  But thank you!!  

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

You're welcome, @lauralee_graphicdesigner! Give us a shout if there's anything else you need assistance with, we're here to help!

0 Kudos