Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Is there a glitch

Iris_Kloset
Just visiting

I have grown my business page to 527followers with my hardwork and consistency only for me to check on my Pinterest page and saw Pinterest reduced my followers to 257,pls is there a glitch,pls I am very worried 

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Thanks for the tag @bodymindmood !

@Iris_KlosetThe PBC has several questions about the same issue, so you are definitely not alone. I totally understand how discouraging this feels without a clear explanation.

Just as @bodymindmood mentioned, it's happened to me on and off the last 8 or so years. Most likely Pinterest is purging spammy accounts, however I've noticed my own numbers, and a couple other profiles, the numbers have been fluctuating the past 24 hours.

My best guess is Pinterest is implementing some changes to the algorithm, along with deactivating spammy accounts. I'll encourage you to allow some time to pass and see what your following count settles on. You can contact support, ask them to take a closer look at your account, but for me, I would wait a couple of days. If it's just a glitch, it will work itself out.

Please return here and keep us updated. I hope this helps you.

View solution in original post

4 Kudos
7 Replies
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@Iris_Kloset 

Hi glad you made it to the PBC.

I read your post and I'm sorry you have lost some followers I understand from other Pinterest Pioneers @michaelbliss that many people have experienced this.

Based on my experience with Pinterest I have seen this a couple of times where Pinterest sort cleans house - more to the point bots | bad accounts and the like and while you may not know I am assuming Pinterest does. 

I would encourage you not to be worried I know it seems drastic but I think its more than likely for the best.

I hope this helps you and perhaps @michaelbliss can offer you more information.

Lisa

1 Kudo
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Thanks for the tag @bodymindmood !

@Iris_KlosetThe PBC has several questions about the same issue, so you are definitely not alone. I totally understand how discouraging this feels without a clear explanation.

Just as @bodymindmood mentioned, it's happened to me on and off the last 8 or so years. Most likely Pinterest is purging spammy accounts, however I've noticed my own numbers, and a couple other profiles, the numbers have been fluctuating the past 24 hours.

My best guess is Pinterest is implementing some changes to the algorithm, along with deactivating spammy accounts. I'll encourage you to allow some time to pass and see what your following count settles on. You can contact support, ask them to take a closer look at your account, but for me, I would wait a couple of days. If it's just a glitch, it will work itself out.

Please return here and keep us updated. I hope this helps you.

4 Kudos
Iris_Kloset
Just visiting

Thank you @michaelbliss I read your contribution and decided to wait it out,noticed it has been fluctuating going up and down but will continue to keep an eye on it in the coming days.

2 Kudos
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@Iris_Kloset  My following count has been up and down for the past couple of days. It can be discouraging, but over time I'm sure the dust will settle and you'll have a better idea on the actual numbers.

3 Kudos
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@Iris_Kloset  I took a look at your profile, it seems your follower count is back up! Are you still experiencing fluctuation in the numbers?

1 Kudo
Iris_Kloset
Just visiting

Yes it is but my monthly views is down to 0

1 Kudo
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@Iris_Kloset  It seems this is happening on and off the last few days. Once more, I would say it's a glitch. Be sure to keep your app updated.

0 Kudos