Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Is it worth making different boards for Idea Pins of various categories?

jollybattlegame
Just visiting

Hi everyone!

If we post Idea Pins on various themes (DIY, pranks, humor) daily, is it worth making different boards for each category of these Idea Pins? 

What guys do you think of that? 

Thanks! 😉

2 Kudos
7 Replies
everydaylifewithlaura
Loves to help

@jollybattlegame Hi! Welcome to the PBC 🙌🏻 Absolutely! Organizing your pins into different boards is the best way for your account and your pins to be discovered. This will help the search engine locate what other users are looking for, and could ultimately lead them to your specific board. Plus, it makes it easy for you to be able to go back and locate content you have saved for later.

Check out a few posts from my fellow Pinterest Pioneers that may help answer this question and others in more detail HERE

Also, this one HERE

Feel free to sign up HERE to be a part of the Pinterest Pioneer meet and greet where you can get answers to other specific questions like this.

Hope this helps! 

5 Kudos
terezatoledo
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @jollybattlegame ,

Yes, it's totally worth it! Boards are the way to go! Creating specific boards for each theme you are creating for is the way to go! Not only it will keep your pins organized, make it easier for your followers to find what they are looking for, but it also helps Pinterest understand your content better.

You don't need too many boards, just enough for your content. Make sure to name them accordingly and write a brief description about each board. Keywords are very welcome here!

PS: you can also choose a pin (or create one) as a board cover.

I hope this helps.

4 Kudos
jollybattlegame
Just visiting

Thank you!

0 Kudos
jollybattlegame
Just visiting

Thank you so much! 🙂

1 Kudo
elizabethashleykelsey
Loves to help

Great question!Yes, making niche boards for each of your idea pin topics is perfect and can help you get traffic because of keywords in the board's description. 🙂

3 Kudos
mamalatinatips
Posts regularly

I don't create a specific board just for Idea Pins. I usually send the idea pin to a board that is the best fit. For example, if my idea pin is a baking tip I added to my bread board or cake board. 🙂

1 Kudo
jollybattlegame
Just visiting

Thanks for sharing your experience 😉

0 Kudos