Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Is it me? Pin success and failures.

professorwhite
Just visiting
Labels (4)

What do you believe makes a pin be successful?

I have pins that I think will be for my own enjoyment only and everyone loves it. 

I have pins that are edited to the max and well thought out based on trends and get no interactions. 

Oh the joy of content creation! 

3 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@professorwhite 

Hello

I just saw your post and I wanted to share my thoughts and I will tag in some other community members and hopefully get their thoughts on what makes a Pin successful.

Personally, I don't think its one particular thing I do however think its a combination of things but most importantly its the content that is being presented that makes it successful - I have seen creators make to my mind a perfect pin but the pin never gets real traction the only conclusion I can come to is that the content just wasn't hitting the mark.

@ArtsyCraftery @hellohomegirl @anonlineguy @foxfacedesign @AccentYourself @fannnart @vacayoutravel @camilacurls 

What do you think makes a successful pin?

Lisa

View solution in original post

3 Kudos
8 Replies
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@professorwhite 

Hello

I just saw your post and I wanted to share my thoughts and I will tag in some other community members and hopefully get their thoughts on what makes a Pin successful.

Personally, I don't think its one particular thing I do however think its a combination of things but most importantly its the content that is being presented that makes it successful - I have seen creators make to my mind a perfect pin but the pin never gets real traction the only conclusion I can come to is that the content just wasn't hitting the mark.

@ArtsyCraftery @hellohomegirl @anonlineguy @foxfacedesign @AccentYourself @fannnart @vacayoutravel @camilacurls 

What do you think makes a successful pin?

Lisa

3 Kudos
hellohomegirl
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Thanks for tagging me, @bodymindmood . I agree it's a combination of things that must go right for a pin to succeed. @professorwhite , it's not just you! I feel similarly!

I think a pin's success depends on so many factors. Following Pinterest's best practices is just the minimum for giving a pin a chance for success. 

Also, I think it depends on what one deems to be successful. Lately, success to me feels like gaining follows over big impressions. Additionally, I think certain keywords just "sing" at different times of the year.

I'm doing the best I can with what I got! 🤣 End the end, I'm with you @professorwhite !

4 Kudos
AccentYourself
Loves to help

Same! I have pins that I have worked hard on that get barely any views, then I post similar content, even with similar subject matter & keywords...and it takes off! I'm sure the more a pin takes off, the more view/likes/saves . . . so if a few people early on find your pin interesting, it might take off.  What do I think makes a pin successful? 

• Quality content that people want
  • Content that teaches something
  • A lot of luck! 

My philosophy from the start of creating idea pins, then eventually joining Creator Rewards was "I'm in this for the long haul". . . I know some months will be great, some will be duds. Some pins might take off 3 months for new!  @hellohomegirl  I have also gained a ton of followers lately . . . which can only be a good thing, right? 

I originally started to drive some traffic to my Etsy shop.  It is increasing slowly & steadily, and so are my sales.  So, I sit here patiently creating content (some good, some not so good) and hope this program continues!  

5 Kudos
anonlineguy
Just visiting

Hey, what's up folks,

Nice to meet you all. I am also brand new here. Thank you @bodymindmood for calling me to this thread. My reply to @professorwhite 's post is only theoretical because I am not "success" yet in term number of followers, but I think the theory is much better than obsolete fact. Some points that I might be able to share are as follows:

Theory #1 is that you should always enjoy every pin creation process you are making, that's a success. Don't mind if you felt sth wrong with your pin then it could be a lesson learnt to be improved in your next pins creation.

Theory #2 the same pin "idea pin" you posted on Pinterest would have a different effect even very extreme if you posted on TikTok, Reels, or Shorts, pls try it! I am not sure what causes them, it seems like a combination of factors between human interaction and the AI algorithm working behind them. What needs to be understood is that bots or AI would always change or be updated from time to time according to technological developments and provider policies.

Theory #3, there is a lot of theory or "advice" saying to be successful; you need to post consistently 2~3 pins every day, if you're lazy at least every 2 days, make a gap of about 1 hour between posts, post around 11, 17 and 20 (I don't know which time zone?), set the right hashtags, follow the current trending design and music, fill the description, attractive thumbnails and titles, an invitation to act, graphic and sound quality, search based content, and many others.

I think that's all I can share for now.

Have a safe and great weekend ahead, guys 😊👍🌹

Please check, like or comment on my new conversation thread " I think Pinterest needs to know my curiosity "

And come to my channel AOG.Arkados, follow and smash the pin, like, star buttons. 

3 Kudos
hellohomegirl
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Same here! I'm a little sad I'm not eligible for the program at this time, but I'm committing to steady growth for the next opportunity! Cheers to creating nonetheless! @AccentYourself 

1 Kudo
JanaOMedia
Marvel

@hellohomegirl - hi! Are you talking about the Creator Fund (the program that just opened for applications and is the 5-week accelerator style program for creators - training and grant money!!)? If so, even if you don't have the minimum number of followers they mention, I would 100000% still suggest that you apply! Shoot your shot!  

https://creatorfundlifestyle.splashthat.com/ 

2 Kudos
hellohomegirl
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Yes, that's the one. I'll take your advice! Thanks @JanaOMedia !

2 Kudos
fannnart
Just visiting

Hi,

Thank you for tagging me @bodymindmood!  - @professorwhite this is really interesting question.

I don't have exact formula but from my experience - my most successful pins were ideas or tutorials that helped to solve someone  problem

Inspirational pins are also tend to be more noticeable.

You should also pin seasonal pins starting about 2 month before the holiday / event.

In addition all pins should be high quality images / photos with good SEO in description and titles.

I hope it helps 🙂

Best regards,

Lena 

3 Kudos