Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Integrating another niche/content type & inquiring about suggestions on engagement

thatscatm
Just visiting

I had a question in regards integrating another theme on my page. When I first started Pinterest it was about 2 years ago & I really wasn't as involved & really didn't have much creative direction or thought on my content. I mixed beauty & skincare mainly and focused on that. Then last year , I started integrating nail ideas & looks that I would have done or did myself & I noticed I have a lot of traction & engagement with that. I love beauty hence why I thought of incorporating the nail looks.

When it comes to skincare & beauty , my engagement isn't as high & I feel like there isn't much traction. Additionally, this is the same for my wellness/mental health quotes/tips. Many of my idea pins from the beginning of usage is way higher in traction/engagement than currently. Wondering if by any chance I didn't use the algorithm correctly or Im lacking in something.

Is there any tips or anything I should personally work on as far as my page?  I definitely utilize the note listing feature as well as the category tags as well. I have started integrating Call to action in the notes/listing function so I guess ill also add it to my videos. Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Profile for reference: https://pin.it/2jhik3I

0 Kudos
1 Reply
alisammeredith
Loves to help

Hi Cat! Your combination of beauty, skincare, and nails makes a lot of sense. Nails are ALWAYS hot on Pinterest (check out trends.pinterest.com if available in your location). As more people are creating Idea Pins, it gets harder to compete, so we have to up our game! You make some really nice videos. If I had to make a suggestion, I'd say, maybe slow down on some of them so people could actually follow along with you and make sure that the text doesn't run off the screen (I have some like that, too!). 

0 Kudos