Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Image & video quality with uploaded idea pins

52perfectdays
Just visiting

I’m noticing the quality & vibrancy of my photos & video from my camera roll once uploaded as an idea pin are lost. 

they look good in app & tend to be much darker when they upload. 

any suggestions?

4 Kudos
5 Replies
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@52perfectdays 

Hi there

There are a couple of things to consider when uploading your Idea Pins from your phone to Pinterest:

Make sure the Pinterest App and your phone are up to date

Consider creating text overlays et al. on the Pinterest App and not on another app and then uploading to Pinterest - this could cause quality issues.

Consider using filters on the Pinterest App they are really good and can sometimes fix minor quality or vibrancy issues.

I hope that helps.

Lisa

1 Kudo
BestFunGifts
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hey @52perfectdays !

That happens for my clients and myself too. When I view it from my personal account, the quality looks ok on mobile but not from my desktop.

Not sure why there is a difference but at least the mobile view is high quality. Also, sometimes when I re-upload, the quality is much better. It's time consuming to upload twice but worth a try.

Good luck!

2 Kudos
sahulat4u
Just visiting

Re-uploading isn't solution because we several time to try as no effect on video uploading Quality also have several time email on Pinterest support but still waiting to new updation by Pinterest team.😓

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@sahulat4u 

Hi, welcome to the PBC!

I read your post.

I would also encourage you to create in the app versus creating on the desktop, as the desktop capabilities are pretty limited compared to the app.

I hope you get your issue resolved soon.

Lisa

2 Kudos
YalTrinity
Just visiting

i have the issue as you i post using mobile or the pinterest app even though the app is updated i still notice high vibrancy and low quality when sharing videos on the desktop they look fine but on the mobile app they look like a 240p video 

and till now i have no solution

1 Kudo