Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Idea pins

corinaguerra00

How do you struggle making idea pins? I find them quite fun bit they can be a lot of work:

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JanaOMedia
Marvel

Hi @corinaguerra00! Yes, Idea pins are more time-consuming usually (as compared to standard pins). But they are worth it, in my opinion! (If you are strategic with them and you have a clear purpose and optimize them well!) 

I am publishing a blog post this week about how to make Idea Pins less time consuming! It's not live yet, but here are a few quick tips from it: 

- Measure twice, cut once. 🙂 - I like to plan out a month of Idea Pins, and decide in advance on the topics, keywords, CTA, etc. You can always supplement them with "in the moment" ideas, but I find having a plan makes the creation / building of them a breeze. 

- Gather all your resources in one place. Have a checklist. Maybe have your assets in a folder on your phone, so you're not hunting for them when it's time! (example: CTA slides you made in Canva that you re-use). 

- Batch create 2 or 3 at a time - then publish when you're ready. That way, when you get "in the zone" creating them, you can capitalize on that momentum. Basically this helps avoid "context switching." it's the BEST feeling to have a few Idea pins built and ready to go. Just keep in mind they now have to be published within 30 days - or the drafts go away.  Also, Idea Pin scheduling is being tested, so hopefully we all get access soon. 

Enjoy the process! 

0 Kudos