Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Idea Pins Won't process, anyone else?

LFHPinterestMarketing
Posts regularly

Anyone else having issues with their video idea pins not processing? Mine have been "processing" for 45 min now and they are short videos! Not sure if there is a glitch occurring or what, but I am scared to try an upload more in fear that something will happen to them! 

Thanks! 

@PinterestGeorgina 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
hellohomegirl
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @LFHPinterestMarketing ! This has happened to me in the past. Every time I submit a ticket, they recommend clearing the Pinterest app cache, checking for app updates, and making sure you have enough space on your phone.

Just know that when you clear your cache, you'll most likely lose your drafts and will need to re-upload and re-edit your video if you used any in app features.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
LFHPinterestMarketing
Posts regularly

Thanks! I did that on my laptop and my phone and sadly it didn't work :*(  I am wondering if there is a glitch? Or something going on

1 Kudo
NyleReco

I have the same issue

0 Kudos
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@LFHPinterestMarketing  Same here, it came through after a couple of minutes. Good be a glitch but is definitely frustrating.

2 Kudos
LFHPinterestMarketing
Posts regularly

Thanks for letting me know! Maybe it is a glitch then! @PinterestRob any insight? 

1 Kudo
prepmyrecipe
Just visiting

Yes, me too! I'm guessing Pinterest did another update, as it seems every time they do that something fails in the system. Whether it's the pull down menus to select tags that are not showing, or videos not processing, or something else... it's extremely frustrating. I clicked on my home page after uploading my  idea pin today (after 20 minutes of waiting) and it showed up as posted. When I clicked on the video pin, it still showed up as processing though. However, it does play when you click on it. Not sure what's going on, but they need to fix it asap. 

1 Kudo
PinterestRob
Pinployee
Pinployee

Thanks for sharing this issue @LFHPinterestMarketing - can you confirm if you are just trying to upload through our Native interface or via API?

I can confirm that the team is making some changes to how these video Pins get created, so it's possible that is causing some of your hiccups.

Lastly - the best way to get specific support for an issue like this would be through our HelpCenter: https://help.pinterest.com/en/contact

0 Kudos