Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Pins Stats

valle_oeste
Just visiting
Labels (4)

Hi all! 

I have been on Pinterest for YEARS but have just shifted into creator mode recently. Right now, my focus is interior design inspiration/moodboards and trends. I started using Pins several times a day and have seen my monthly views grow from 700 to 25K which is an exciting start! What I'm struggling with right now however, is breaking down the stats to inform my strategy. I looked into my stats and most views are coming from one pin idea, but as I analyzed that pin I realized that:

1. it's the only pin that uses hashtags, are hashtags the key to getting your content found or is it purely keywords/SEO?

2. it uses hashtags from the Pinterest Predicts site 

3. I used all ten tags. 

So I guess my question is: are hashtags important in pinterest? Do tags play a role with the success of the pin? How can we see what tags were used for the pins so it can further inform strategy?

thank you for your time!

Virginia Ibarra

Valleoeste.com  | Pinterest Profile

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
heatherfarrisco
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@valle_oeste You ask fabulous questions and I'm excited to see the success you have had already! Great work.

I would say that leaning into keywords is going to be more beneficial than hashtags however if you want to use hashtags go for it. I don't think you're going to harm your strategy one way or the other.

When it comes to looking at analytics I would look at the following for idea pins:

Impressions and saves after 7 days, 14 days and 30 days. Our hope here is to see a continued upward growth but sometimes idea pins just die off so take a peek back at them after a longer period of time as well. They can continue to grow depending on the topic.

I would test using more text overlays on your idea pins to help people gain context. Looking at your profile there is one idea pin with 10 slides and the first slide is a staircase and wall. I'm not sure why I should click on this so I keep scrolling until I found something else (7 smart ways to use shelves) and interacted with that one.

I would also encourage you to create idea pins featuring the things you're looking to promote or monetize with that are also trending. Right now I'm working on an interior designer Pinterest build and they have a trending topic around dining room tables happening. 

The gift guides you created, the shelf idea pin, the recipes all make sense to me but as a consumer I'm confused by the single images that are art or jello?

Go back to why you started this and lean into that. Did you want to help influence people on home decor and organization? Do you want to help people with travel hacks and packing? Really hone in on that one thing you want to help people to do and it might get easier to create the content that gets people to engage.

Like @isabelledias when she started! Her journey has been so fun to watch and her growth was mind-blowing as well.

And just remember pinners are here to gain inspiration as well as to shop. So if impressions are the issue the people aren't seeing your pins to begin with and we need to go back to how to do that. Which is ultimately really good content paired with keywords.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 Kudos
6 Replies
veronikalipar
Loves to help

I don't notice the difference when I use tags and hashtags and when I don't.

0 Kudos
heatherfarrisco
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@valle_oeste You ask fabulous questions and I'm excited to see the success you have had already! Great work.

I would say that leaning into keywords is going to be more beneficial than hashtags however if you want to use hashtags go for it. I don't think you're going to harm your strategy one way or the other.

When it comes to looking at analytics I would look at the following for idea pins:

Impressions and saves after 7 days, 14 days and 30 days. Our hope here is to see a continued upward growth but sometimes idea pins just die off so take a peek back at them after a longer period of time as well. They can continue to grow depending on the topic.

I would test using more text overlays on your idea pins to help people gain context. Looking at your profile there is one idea pin with 10 slides and the first slide is a staircase and wall. I'm not sure why I should click on this so I keep scrolling until I found something else (7 smart ways to use shelves) and interacted with that one.

I would also encourage you to create idea pins featuring the things you're looking to promote or monetize with that are also trending. Right now I'm working on an interior designer Pinterest build and they have a trending topic around dining room tables happening. 

The gift guides you created, the shelf idea pin, the recipes all make sense to me but as a consumer I'm confused by the single images that are art or jello?

Go back to why you started this and lean into that. Did you want to help influence people on home decor and organization? Do you want to help people with travel hacks and packing? Really hone in on that one thing you want to help people to do and it might get easier to create the content that gets people to engage.

Like @isabelledias when she started! Her journey has been so fun to watch and her growth was mind-blowing as well.

And just remember pinners are here to gain inspiration as well as to shop. So if impressions are the issue the people aren't seeing your pins to begin with and we need to go back to how to do that. Which is ultimately really good content paired with keywords.

I hope this helps!

3 Kudos
isabelledias
Loves to help

Yes, yes yes @heatherfarrisco!

And you are asking all the right questions, @valle_oeste  & I know that with or without hashtags, you will continue to do great with this holistic approach to strategy - it is not only *one thing* that makes an Idea Pin succesful, because each one of them builds up on top of the other. 

1 Kudo
valle_oeste
Just visiting

@heatherfarrisco Thank you so much for all of your insight! This all makes sense to me and I think I initially just wanted to start posting a variety of topics to see what had more demand! At my core I love lifestyle, specifically slow living but across travel, beauty and interiors. It seems like I should be doing the opposite, start with one topic and as I grow perhaps organically introduce others? 

thanks again for the feedback!

Virginia 

0 Kudos
valle_oeste
Just visiting

Thank you @isabelledias , I'm excited to be on the platform and am currently working on creating bulk pins. Your profile is such an inspiration! 

1 Kudo
isabelledias
Loves to help

You go!! @valle_oeste 

And thank you for letting me know that, it's very sweet! 

0 Kudos