Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Idea Pins pages not popping up

callmeaysiab
Just visiting

Hey there, I wanted to see if anyone else is having this problem. The pages on my idea pins I’m trying to post are non existent. I updated the app because I have been having trouble posting affiliate links in the idea pin (which is another issue I’m having) and when I did that, the idea pins I had in my draft aren’t fully popping up. Would love any help or insight on what I should do? Thank you!

8EEF2E6E-CB40-4E27-8BED-C469BE4BDEB0.png

0 Kudos
13 Replies
hellohomegirl
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @callmeaysiab ! I too have been experiencing issues with my idea pins. My pages aren't showing as completely blank like yours, however. I can see the text that I've added.

After submitting a help ticket, I was advised to update my phone's operating system and the Pinterest app, clear my Pinterest app's cache, clear its data, and uninstall/reinstall the app. 

I did the first few things and that did help me post one idea pin, but I'm still struggling with posting a couple others.

2 Kudos
JanaOMedia
Marvel

@michaelbliss - Are you available this week to chime in on this one? 

1 Kudo
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Thanks for the tag @JanaOMedia ! It's appreciated!

@callmeaysiab @hellohomegirl  Are you using iOS or the Android app?

1 Kudo
BestFunGifts
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@callmeaysiab Same here! Very very frustrating 🥹

I had 6 Pins in draft and most of my edits were lost. I ended up redoing it all trying to remember description keywords, tags, etc. Unfortunately it was the second time happening for me.

Good luck!

1 Kudo
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@BestFunGifts  Are you using Android?

Looking at @callmeaysiab screenshot, it appears to be Android (edit: ummm maybe it's iOS) . If you can see the overlay of text and not your video/images it may be some odd permission issue. I would reset the permissions and see what happens. Keep in mind you may lose the draft, but that isn't going to matter at this point.

Settings --> Apps --> Pinterest --> Force Stop; then Clear Cache under Storage, then try removing permissions on Storage, and apply Storage permissions again.

Start the app and give it a few moments to wake up and populate, then see where it goes. Let me know if this had an effect. I hope this helps you.

2 Kudos
hellohomegirl
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@michaelbliss I have an Android. I ended up clearing my data, cache, uninstalling, and reinstalling. I lost my drafts as a result. I haven't had a chance to try to upload another idea pin yet to test it out.

1 Kudo
hellohomegirl
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@BestFunGifts I lost all of mine too! 😢 But, it'll be alright.

2 Kudos
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@hellohomegirl  Unfortunately, clearing the cache could wipe out the drafts. I'm curious if you had some luck moving forward. Please return here and let us know your progress, it will help anyone else having the same issue. 

1 Kudo
BestFunGifts
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@michaelbliss 

iOS! My screen looked exactly like @callmeaysiab 's screenshot. 

1 Kudo