Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

I Want To Grow My Pinterest Business Account - How Do I Do This?

bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

If your reading this and would like to add some more tips and tricks to encourage Pinterest ❤️ please feel free to share, I think its safe to say that we all have some great tips and tricks when it comes to using Pinterest.

Some things to consider when starting out on Pinterest and looking to grow your Pinterest Business Account👇🏻

1. First things first, Pinterest is what many Expert Pinterest Users consider a Slow Burn. What does that mean? It means that it takes time to grow on Pinterest. Many people expect that their new Pinterest Business Account will take off the moment they have posted their first pin but often a new Pinterest Business Account will take time to grow, evolve and produce.

When I first started using Pinterest circa. 2008 it was very much a follow and be followed platform and working online wasn’t a ´thing´ yet. Personally, I never had any numbers expectations when I first started using Pinterest for my business, perhaps because I was learning how to use the platform in a different way Business vs. Personal use.

2. For any Pinterest User Account & Board Organization Is Key. Keeping your account and boards organized on Pinterest is perhaps one of the most overlooked items when planning and preparing for Pinterest ❤️ and growth. I have always stressed the importance of having a Secret Personal Board or two for all your personal likes and saves. Having a business account is great on Pinterest but not when one is sharing their personal favorite mascara hacks, messy bun pins or a favorite sports car pick and you have a Graphic Design business or your a  Marketing Professional. If Pinners don’t understand your visual message then they won’t be able to understand what you do or what you want them to do or worse what your asking for.

I am a CPT & Fitness Coach and many of the boards I have created are specifically related to fitness and health in addition to my target market. I have three Secret Personal Boards where I pin my favorite pins and these are boards only I can see and pin to (Secret). In addition to organizing pin content, I also created Board Covers using Canva to add some life and interest to my public boards, encouraging more Pinterest ❤️.

3. Its all about pinning consistently with fresh homemade content and keywords to wet the Pinterest Algorithms Appetite! There is nothing that Pinners here on Pinterest love more than fresh content that is pinned consistently. Consider using Idea Pins (Pinterest´s latest 📌 creation tool) you can absolutely let your creative side shine through while growing your Pinterest Business Account. Just like reaping the benefits of fresh consistent content if your not pinning regularly prepare to watch your numbers come down and don’t blame the Algorithm.

I recently moved with my family and really didn’t have the time to create and share, but the moment I stopped pinning my content and more specifically for me Idea Pins my numbers instantly started to go down, it was a long line down to the bottom of the graph (I was tired when I got to the bottom). While I am currently building my numbers back up it is clear to me that if you don’t consistently create and pin 📌 fresh content it will definitely impact your analytics here on Pinterest.

4. 📢 Sing it from every corner of the internet I Am On Pinterest Please Follow Me nameofpinterestbusiness Its the proverbial if you don’t ask you don’t get. If you are looking to grow your following here on Pinterest (everyone loves to get followers) then ask. If your creating content that you post here on Pinterest in addition to other Social Media Accounts then create a Call To Action and ask for the Follows & Love ❤️. When creating content consider what you want your viewers to do after they have watched. The rules around Follows | Likes | Loves & Saves have changed its okay to ask for what you want.

Lisa

20 Kudos
27 Replies
relationshipawareness
Just visiting

Thanks for your expertise.

1 Kudo
tkstudios_
Just visiting

I have just started my home styling brand and this was interesting & insightful to read, I was about to give up but Pinterest is definitely a slow burner and much more enjoyable than other social media platforms! For anyone reading this, just be consistent with it and your tribe will follow. 

Follow my page if you're interested in home decor tips! @tkstudios_ 

3 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@tkstudios_ 

Hello 👋 

I am really glad you didn’t give up …. Well Done You!

I hope that you will keep coming back to the PBC.

Lisa

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@relationshipawareness 

Hi 👋 

I appreciate your your thank you but truth be told there is a mix of trial and error in there to.

Lisa

0 Kudos
thatscatm
Just visiting

Rally helpful and its so true to use a call to action. Sometimes users quickly just watch a video and forget to interact. I think its great to encourage engagement & conversation from viewers. 

3 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@thatscatm 

Hi .... Welcome to the PBC!

What kind of business do you have?

I couldn't agree more, if you don't ask you don't get.

The rules surrounding following have definitely changed and for me it actually took awhile to learn that it was okay to be bold and just ask instead of waiting for someone to follow.

Thanks for sharing.

Lisa

2 Kudos
ALittleNicheShop1
Just visiting

@tkstudios_ I totally understand you! Definitely takes some patience. However, I like Pinterest because I feel that it gives pretty much every creator a chance to be seen. I feel confident that my stuff will be seen by somebody. I feel like on some platforms they are very specific about who they push into the algorithm. For example, I've heard on TikTok that they promote creators with certain characteristics (wealthy, pretty, etc.) more over other creators. I don't know how true it is but that is...interesting. 

2 Kudos
ALittleNicheShop1
Just visiting

@thatscatm I believe someone on Pinterest via TikTok recommend saying or writing "Follow for more!" at the end of your idea pins. I don't know if that helps much but it's worth trying!

3 Kudos
thatscatm
Just visiting

Hey Lisa, 

Its definitely necessary to ask for engagement & follow since many use the app at a fast pace and are introduced to so much content at once. My page focuses on skincare tips , beauty & wellness. I believe that the algorithm favored me for a while when it came to nail content. I initially started posting skincare and beauty. Maybe it just goes up and down as far as engagement. I'll definitely make sure I have call to action on my content. Thanks again! Have a great day. 

Thatscatm

1 Kudo
thatscatm
Just visiting

@ALittleNicheShop1 thank you ! definitely will do 

0 Kudos