Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

I'm open to any tips and tricks for monetizing my Pinterest page

lenspinterestingstuff
Just visiting

"I'm at a loss here, folks. On the one hand, I adore creating content for Pinterest just for fun. But on the other hand, I can't shake off this nagging feeling of 'why not earn from it?' I've scoured YouTube for answers, but all the tutorials I've found target people with a specific niche. I am still determining what product will match my content. (See my Pinterest) Please help me turn my passion for Pinterest into something that pays the bills. I'm open to any tips and tricks for monetizing on the platform."

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JanaOMedia
Marvel

Hi @lenspinterestingstuff! This makes perfect sense! For most people, consistent content creation is only sustainable long-term if it leads to income. It's a lot of work to create great content, so most people find they need to be paid for it in some way. 

In my opinion, the first thing you should do is find something to sell. This could be a service, a product, a content creation package for brands, affiliate offers...

I think the easiest / quickest / least expensive ways to get started are 1) to offer a service (e.g. writing or VA work, for example) or B) to create a digital product like a course or a downloadable.

Meanwhile, you also want to be building an audience of people who'd be interested in buying it, too. 

A lot of creators are frustrated because we're hearing how awesome Pinterest is for visibility, audience growth, list building... And it's ALL TRUE!!! BUT, to make that pay off, you have to have something to sell. 

Check out this article I wrote. It might help spark some ideas for you: 

https://community.pinterest.biz/t5/conversations/earning-money-as-a-pinterest-creator/td-p/37790

I hope this helps get you thinking! 

3 Kudos
lenspinterestingstuff
Just visiting

Hi @JanaOMedia

I wanted to reach out and say thank you for the great tips in your article "Earning Money as a Pinterest Creator." It was really helpful.

I was wondering if you could help me out a bit more, though. I'm figuring out what category my pins fit into. They're mostly about photo editing, greetings, gifs, and stuff like that. It has nothing to do about food, makeup, etc. That's why I'm having trouble finding a product to promote on my page.

Would you mind looking at my Pinterest page and giving me some advice on what things I should promote there? I'd appreciate it.

TIA!😊

1 Kudo
JanaOMedia
Marvel

@lenspinterestingstuff - so glad the article helped you!

It's really up to you to identify what you want to sell. You can get ideas from others - but it comes down to you deciding.

I would suggest brainstorming a list. Challenge yourself to think of 100 things! 

(Maybe 25 in each category? For example... the Photo Editing category: Pre-sets? A digital course about how to edit your own family photos? A course about how to edit your own travel photos? Downloadable photo equipment checklists? .... I am just brainstorming. I don't know much about photo editing.) 

You could also google (or search on Pinterest) to see what others sell around these topics. 

Then, once you do a good brain dump of lots of ideas, begin narrowing it down. 

Good luck! 

1 Kudo
lenspinterestingstuff
Just visiting

Hi again @JanaOMedia

I think my niche falls under the graphic design category?🤔 However, I still need help finding products that complement my unique and diverse edits.

I would like to express my gratitude for your attention to my post and for taking the time to respond. I will not forget your kindness.🙏

By the way, I love your Pinterest posts. I checked it a while ago, and I will visit your page once in a while for additional learning.😍

Do you mind if we end this conversation here? Thank you, Jana!😊

0 Kudos