Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

How To Grow

anyabourbon
Just visiting

Any advice on how to grow my audience?

6 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JanaOMedia
Marvel

Hi, @anyabourbon! Here are my best tips: (I'm writing a blog on this today! Funny you should ask!) 

1) Set up a "follow-worthy" account!

Create at least 10 boards. Use keywords to get found by action-takers. (Remember, people who are searching for what you pin about will be more likely to follow you!) ... Use a friendly headshot as a profile photo. Add a cover image and other profile elements (like a bio) that help pinners understand *WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR THEM!* <<< Really key! 

2) Know your audience - and really get to know what they reeeeeaaaalllly need and want. 🙂 

Clearly define your audience. Ask yourself, "What do they need?* What questions are they always asking me?" Make a list. Those will be your first (or next) idea pins. *Be sure to give them what they think they need - not what you think they need! 🙂 This really will mean more followers, faster. 

3) Create Idea Pins. 

Idea Pins are the fastest way to grow on Pinterest right now. Create them consistently. Use a separate Call to Action (CTA) slide on every pin. Whenever it makes sense, use a "Follow Me for More" CTA. 

4) Share your pins & boards with your larger audience.

Don't sleep on this! It will make a big difference & give you momentum! Email your list... Let social media followers know what you're pinning about... Link to pins and boards... Use boards to enhance your free content... (e.g. a 5-day challenge you're running.)

5) Keep going! Focus on the process, and you'll have your first 1,000 followers before you know it! 

I'm currently writing out the details of all of these tips above, but feel free to drop any questions below and I'll circle back. Keep on being amazing!!! 

View solution in original post

21 Kudos
8 Replies
JanaOMedia
Marvel

Hi, @anyabourbon! Here are my best tips: (I'm writing a blog on this today! Funny you should ask!) 

1) Set up a "follow-worthy" account!

Create at least 10 boards. Use keywords to get found by action-takers. (Remember, people who are searching for what you pin about will be more likely to follow you!) ... Use a friendly headshot as a profile photo. Add a cover image and other profile elements (like a bio) that help pinners understand *WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR THEM!* <<< Really key! 

2) Know your audience - and really get to know what they reeeeeaaaalllly need and want. 🙂 

Clearly define your audience. Ask yourself, "What do they need?* What questions are they always asking me?" Make a list. Those will be your first (or next) idea pins. *Be sure to give them what they think they need - not what you think they need! 🙂 This really will mean more followers, faster. 

3) Create Idea Pins. 

Idea Pins are the fastest way to grow on Pinterest right now. Create them consistently. Use a separate Call to Action (CTA) slide on every pin. Whenever it makes sense, use a "Follow Me for More" CTA. 

4) Share your pins & boards with your larger audience.

Don't sleep on this! It will make a big difference & give you momentum! Email your list... Let social media followers know what you're pinning about... Link to pins and boards... Use boards to enhance your free content... (e.g. a 5-day challenge you're running.)

5) Keep going! Focus on the process, and you'll have your first 1,000 followers before you know it! 

I'm currently writing out the details of all of these tips above, but feel free to drop any questions below and I'll circle back. Keep on being amazing!!! 

21 Kudos
sabrinasbiton

Hi Jana, These are great tips. I am extremely new to Pinterest content creation and am scouring these posts like a madwoman, haha. Wanted to give a quick note of thanks to you, for listing out these tips. They are really helpful for those new to the community like myself, and I believe the best kind of content comes from personal collaboration. Hope to connect further with you (any chance you're taking mentee applications?! lol), thanks again!

3 Kudos
tanyashoyat
Just visiting

Thank you! This was very helpful!

0 Kudos
dogsfreedom
Just visiting

There are a few things you can do to grow your Pinterest profile:

1. Follow other users and boards that are in your niche. This will help you get exposure to a new audience and hopefully get some new followers in return.

2. Create high quality pins that are interesting and eye-catching. People are more likely to follow you if they see that you have great content to offer.

2 Kudos
JanaOMedia
Marvel

@sabrinasbiton - I'm so glad these ideas helped! 🙂 Thanks for letting me know. 

0 Kudos
d3or
Just visiting

i think consistently posting is a good tip. keeping an eye out for what’s trending and benefit off it as well, i’m new as well but this is the best 

0 Kudos
thedetoxlady
Just visiting

These are really great tips for new content creators, thanks for sharing.

0 Kudos
mandysinkevich
Just visiting

These are really great tips! I’ve been trying to grow my Pinterest and audience and had no idea where to start. Thank you!!

0 Kudos