Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

How do you use Pinterest to drive traffic to your website?

michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer
Labels (3)

Hi everyone! How do you use Pinterest to drive traffic to your website? How do you measure results, and what lessons have you learning along the way? I would love to hear from you!

@directallied @thepersianknot @whirlspot @lauramarieplesa @ColorSpaceStudio @gentleyoga4everyone @Kontentsia @hellohomegirl @littleboxofrandom  Any tips you would like to share?

27 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
californiapointe
Posts regularly

Great question @michaelbliss and I'm following this thread to learn more from all of you. I drive traffic via Pinterest by creating Pins that link to my blog posts. I make sure my Pins are informative, easy to read or inspiring. So, yes I try but of course some things work and other don't - its all feedback. For example, for each blog post I create 1-2 Pins or 1-2 Idea Pins. I try to consistently Pin to my boards to encourage my own inspiration and learning. My goal is building my email list and doing it slowly works for me. Like @hellohomegirl I use analytics to help me understand what's working, what's not, what my warm audience needs or wants more of and how to inspire cold audiences too. 

View solution in original post

27 Kudos
45 Replies
thepersianknot
Just visiting

Hello Everyone, I must say I have been very disappointed with Pinterest.  It has not worked for me.

10 Kudos
AccentYourself
Loves to help

Meh.  I'm trying to get traffic to my Etsy shop, but it's a slow go. I'm being patient, and traffic to my Etsy shop definitely has increased in the past year, however, I wish there was a way to track actual sales.  Maybe someday! 

9 Kudos
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Definitely key for us to create capturing Pins that tell the user exactly what they want/need on the other side on that Pin! So important! Our main piece of weekly content is a podcast. So, we create blog posts with that episode embedded and then create Pins that lead users to that page. Tracking traffic with Google mostly 🙂 🙌 Been consistent with that for 9 years! 

-Tabby

12 Kudos
hellohomegirl
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

I make pins that link to my blog posts on various topics pertaining to home. I've learned that text on pins can help drive texts. At the same time, a pretty picture with no text can as well.

I am particularly invested in measuring outbound clicks.

7 Kudos
californiapointe
Posts regularly

Great question @michaelbliss and I'm following this thread to learn more from all of you. I drive traffic via Pinterest by creating Pins that link to my blog posts. I make sure my Pins are informative, easy to read or inspiring. So, yes I try but of course some things work and other don't - its all feedback. For example, for each blog post I create 1-2 Pins or 1-2 Idea Pins. I try to consistently Pin to my boards to encourage my own inspiration and learning. My goal is building my email list and doing it slowly works for me. Like @hellohomegirl I use analytics to help me understand what's working, what's not, what my warm audience needs or wants more of and how to inspire cold audiences too. 

27 Kudos
tipsyheelz
Just visiting

Same here

1 Kudo
yourdiyfamily
Just visiting

I try and make sure that each of my blog posts has 5+ images that can be pinned. And then I pin on different boards. I find that having more images as well as having a 'pin it' button appear when you hover over an image, encourages my site visitors to pin my content too. Results mostly on google analytics. 

14 Kudos
directallied
Just visiting

Hi @michaelbliss ! I am creating pins that is linked to my blog posts or other links related to my website. I also put eye catching image on my pins. You can check it out on my pinterest profile. 😊

https://www.pinterest.com/directallied/

9 Kudos
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@michaelbliss this is a great conversation starter!  I love the tips people are sharing 🙂

I'll jump in too - 

Although I'm not very consistent with it, I like to create a handful of pins for my blog posts, freebies, products etc.  and over time track the analytics to see what types of pin styles or formats work best for my audience. (ie. which gets the most engagement or clicks).  I usually look at this in my Pinterest analytics overview, but when I want to really dig in to see which pins are converting in to email sign ups or sales, I'll use tracking parameters and look at it on Google Analytics.

10 Kudos