Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

High Quality Video Pins

mmillerrr15
Posts regularly

Hello! I want to start off by saying that this forum and this group is beyond helpful and such a wonderful way to connect with other creators making their way through Pinterest!

High quality content and even more now so high quality videos, seem to be the greatest way to grow and to (hopefully) get accepted into CR. With that being said - I don’t believe that you need a professional camera in order to be successful here (which if I am wrong please correct me, I’m here to learn 🙂 so many of my videos turn out beyond grainy even if I use the highest quality video form on my phone and I’m not sure how to combat that. I usually squeeze the pin so that it’s smaller within the borders but I’ve noticed that other’s videos with the highest traction don’t have that border around the side.

Does anybody else deal with that? Is there an answer other than shooting videos off a camera? I’d love to hear any opinion or advice that anyone has!

2 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JanaOMedia
Marvel

@mmillerrr15 - I have definitely noticed that and find it challenging, too. Pinterest does give us the "safe lines" when you're creating in the mobile app. You've seen those right? 

But even when creating within those safe lines, I do feel like it's slightly different after you publish. Meaning, it seems like a little bit more gets cut off (than what is showing via the safe lines in the builder). 

So, the only workaround I've found is just to allow for that in filming. I just try to be sure to leave a little extra space all around the frame. Not perfect, but it does the trick for now. 

I try now to film fewer videos like this one - where my head and body are really Zoomed in: 
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/18014467252935089/?nic_v3=1a6byHoSG 

... And more videos like this one where there's more "negative space." 
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/18014467252947862/?nic_v3=1a6byHoSG 

Of course, this also helps with having more space for text overlay, too. Because that's the other thing with the "safe zones," right? We have to be able to fit the text overly somewhere, too, and have it not fall off the frame upon publishing. 

It's definitely something that requires some trial and error, right? 🙂 

Oh, PS -- Yes, I totally use my iPhone camera! I definitely agree with you - you don't need a pro camera to create high quality videos. 

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
4 Replies
JanaOMedia
Marvel

@mmillerrr15 - I have definitely noticed that and find it challenging, too. Pinterest does give us the "safe lines" when you're creating in the mobile app. You've seen those right? 

But even when creating within those safe lines, I do feel like it's slightly different after you publish. Meaning, it seems like a little bit more gets cut off (than what is showing via the safe lines in the builder). 

So, the only workaround I've found is just to allow for that in filming. I just try to be sure to leave a little extra space all around the frame. Not perfect, but it does the trick for now. 

I try now to film fewer videos like this one - where my head and body are really Zoomed in: 
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/18014467252935089/?nic_v3=1a6byHoSG 

... And more videos like this one where there's more "negative space." 
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/18014467252947862/?nic_v3=1a6byHoSG 

Of course, this also helps with having more space for text overlay, too. Because that's the other thing with the "safe zones," right? We have to be able to fit the text overly somewhere, too, and have it not fall off the frame upon publishing. 

It's definitely something that requires some trial and error, right? 🙂 

Oh, PS -- Yes, I totally use my iPhone camera! I definitely agree with you - you don't need a pro camera to create high quality videos. 

2 Kudos
naushin
Posts regularly

I agree with Jana. I’m still struggling with why my high quality videos are uploading looking SO bad! For some of them, the entire video is grainy and awful and for others just the first screen is?? So frustrating.

1 Kudo
DanaStargazerTruitt
Just visiting

I couldn’t agree more. I shoot in the highest quality and once I post to Pinterest the quality looks beyond horrible. It’s a very defeating feeling as I work hard to make sure I use the best and most updated camera equipment. It seems I’m not the only one this is happening to. For a while, I started to look for a setting, thinking the high quality wasn’t turned on. If anyone knows how to combat this plz share 😭

0 Kudos
KijoDesigns

I have the same problem. When I film on my iphone the quality is great but when I upload the video on the pinterest app the quality is okay on my laptop but horrible when viewing on my phone (and most of my audience view my pins on mobile) !!!

The one thing I did to help fix it a little bit (still not 100% happy but its an improvement) was to upload the video to canva (on my phone) and resize it to the pre-set pinterest size and then download it back on my phone again and then post it on the pinterest app. 

This method is such a headache and also its not quite the best quality so I am still looking for a solution! I would upload videos from my laptop, which could work, but then I cant seem to add music to my videos 😞

I'm still struggling to find a solution so any suggestions would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos