Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Help with impressions dropping

jaysabs4
Just visiting

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone had any insight on what to do. I was soaring on Pinterest after posting consecutively for about 6 months. My Pins were landing 300-600 impressions daily and about two weeks ago I noticed my impressions drop to 70-100 and a week ago they are landing 2-20 MAX. Nothing has changed other than the quality of my idea pins. Not sure what could be causing this! Any advice on what to do or where to go for more answers would be amazing!

Thanks in advance! 

@jaysabs4 

1 Kudo
3 Replies
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@jaysabs4 

Hi Welcome to the PBC🎉

I read your post and I know it can be frustrating, try to hang in there.

Many of us on Pinterest and here on the PBC have experienced low impressions to high impressions and everything in between.

On a personal note I have experienced this issue at least twice in my Pinterest 'Career' and both times I actually just did nothing - I know that sounds awful but I did not submit a ticket (my choice) and waited for my account to sort of fix itself. The issue did resolve both times with me not having done anything there of course were updates and to be fair this all happened when there were a lot of changes on Pinterest.

"I was soaring on Pinterest after posting consecutively for about 6 months." If this is the case and you have slowed down or stopped then this could also be a major issue where your numbers are concerned. I have seen other pinner's where they post daily like literally one IDEA PIN a day and their monthly views are at like 2 to 10 million views a day but not much meaningful engagement just the views are crazy solely based on the fact that they post everyday. So, if you have slowed down or stopped you might want to go back to creating regularly.

If you are still not getting your numbers back consider filing a Support Ticket with Pinterest and remember to keep any reference number that they provide to you.

I hope this will help you a little bit.

Lisa

1 Kudo
jaysabs4
Just visiting

This was incredibly insightful! Thank you so much for this!

I have not stopped posting as frequently, I do still post once a day! I think I will wait it out a week and if this keeps happening I will reach submit a ticket! 

Thanks again!

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@jaysabs4 

Hi glad to hear that was helpful for you - a note if you want to check numbers | analytics then consider looking at other Creators re views on Idea Pins and then look at the same person re engagement | followers you will see a pattern emerging.

Lisa

1 Kudo