Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Having to prove I am the original owner of pins after filing DCMAS

MomSkoop
Just visiting

I have just replied to an email from Pinterest for the third time trying to prove that I own two pins that were stolen. I filed DCMAS on them and even though it's so painfully obvious that these are spam accounts that stole my pins and redirect to spammy websites, I am having to prove I am the original owner. 

This time I used the wayback machine to prove that one of the photos originated on my site in 2014. 

What is so frustrating to me is that over the weekend, I filed 23 DCMAs for one of my clients against ONE account. That account is still active. In retaliation, they took countless pins on Sunday and spammed them again. So now she will have to file DCMAs again. 

I discovered that another account that took several of my pins a few months ago, as well as countless other bloggers, was back up and running with my stolen pins as well as other creators.  This is an account that steals pins and redirects them using their affiliate account. I filed on all of those and that account is still up.

In one FB group I'm in, several bloggers' accounts were removed from search over the weekend for no reason.  A fellow blogger I know has had her pins removed from search for the second time in two months. The last time was because her account was marked by spam after she filed countless DCMAS on an account.  

@PinterestJanice  @PinterestGabby  Any suggestions on what we can do?

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MomSkoop
Just visiting
0 Kudos
4 Replies
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @MomSkoop, thanks for bringing this to our attention. We've escalated this internally and someone from our team will be reaching out via email with more information. Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with in the meantime. 

1 Kudo
MomSkoop
Just visiting

Thank  you!

0 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@MomSkoop Ouch! I'm very interested to see what Pinterest comes up with as a solution to this!

1 Kudo
MomSkoop
Just visiting

I know. I hope they can come up with something!  Heck, I'd even love to work for them in discovering spam accounts.  They are getting pretty easy to spot now. 

0 Kudos