Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Good strategy for acquiring email addresses?

Alicemaryluxuryskincare
Just visiting
Labels (1)

does anyone have a good strategy for acquiring email addresses on pinterest

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JanaOMedia
Marvel

Hi @Alicemaryluxuryskincare! Yes, I help clients and students with this all the time. Here's a quick rundown of how you can do this:

1) Create an "easy yes!" lead magnet. (Or perhaps you already have one that would fit the bill.)

This is something of value (like a checklist, a training / webinar, a quiz, a coupon, for example - there are many types.)  This should be something that is easily digestible, highly-desired by your ideal audience, and matches up with what you sell - so that the people it will attract would naturally be good prospects for your paid offers. (There's a lot to choosing and creating the right lead magnet - but that's the '101's!') 

2) Set up (or clean up / re-optimize) your Pinterest profile using current best practices (including adding the right keywords in the right places, a great profile name and bio that speaks to your ideal audience and lets them know what you can help them with.)

You can also add a cover image that promotes your lead magnet. I always recommend that for my clients who are aiming to grow their email lists as part of their Pinterest strategies. 

3) Create awesome content (standard pins, video pins, Idea pins) that really solve problems for your ideal audience and provide amazing value and inspiration to them. You can "reverse-engineer" this content so that is gives them ideas, info, and "ah-ha moments" that help them understand WHY they need your lead magnet. 

Use your content to pique their interest, inspire them, show your expertise, and call them to action. Those actions can include things like... to follow you, save your pins, visit your profile, access your free lead magnet (Don't use all the CTAs on each pin; one CTA per pin! 🙂 

Basically, Pinterest is a great place to get discovered by new people who are already searching for your topics. (So be sure to learn what keywords are being searched on Pinterest around your things, and use those keywords conversationally on your profile and pins). 

When they discover you, they will likely need some nurturing before some of them buy from you. So growing your email list is a great strategy for a lot of Pinterest marketers and creators. 

The above is a VERY high-level overview. I hope it helps you see the big picture, so you can start putting some of the pieces of this strategy together! 

And remember - it's a journey. It will undoubtably take time to find the right strategy and get it working. But it's really worth it in the long-run. I have new people joining my email list every day from Pinterest. It's awesome! I'm so glad that I put the time and effort into it. 🙂 

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
1 Reply
JanaOMedia
Marvel

Hi @Alicemaryluxuryskincare! Yes, I help clients and students with this all the time. Here's a quick rundown of how you can do this:

1) Create an "easy yes!" lead magnet. (Or perhaps you already have one that would fit the bill.)

This is something of value (like a checklist, a training / webinar, a quiz, a coupon, for example - there are many types.)  This should be something that is easily digestible, highly-desired by your ideal audience, and matches up with what you sell - so that the people it will attract would naturally be good prospects for your paid offers. (There's a lot to choosing and creating the right lead magnet - but that's the '101's!') 

2) Set up (or clean up / re-optimize) your Pinterest profile using current best practices (including adding the right keywords in the right places, a great profile name and bio that speaks to your ideal audience and lets them know what you can help them with.)

You can also add a cover image that promotes your lead magnet. I always recommend that for my clients who are aiming to grow their email lists as part of their Pinterest strategies. 

3) Create awesome content (standard pins, video pins, Idea pins) that really solve problems for your ideal audience and provide amazing value and inspiration to them. You can "reverse-engineer" this content so that is gives them ideas, info, and "ah-ha moments" that help them understand WHY they need your lead magnet. 

Use your content to pique their interest, inspire them, show your expertise, and call them to action. Those actions can include things like... to follow you, save your pins, visit your profile, access your free lead magnet (Don't use all the CTAs on each pin; one CTA per pin! 🙂 

Basically, Pinterest is a great place to get discovered by new people who are already searching for your topics. (So be sure to learn what keywords are being searched on Pinterest around your things, and use those keywords conversationally on your profile and pins). 

When they discover you, they will likely need some nurturing before some of them buy from you. So growing your email list is a great strategy for a lot of Pinterest marketers and creators. 

The above is a VERY high-level overview. I hope it helps you see the big picture, so you can start putting some of the pieces of this strategy together! 

And remember - it's a journey. It will undoubtably take time to find the right strategy and get it working. But it's really worth it in the long-run. I have new people joining my email list every day from Pinterest. It's awesome! I'm so glad that I put the time and effort into it. 🙂 

2 Kudos